Ongoing Complications (1000+)

i had my gallbladder removed in 2006 i cant eat or drink anything i cant go out to eat shopping .anywhere.within 5 minutes after i eat i have to run to a bathroom.my stomach cramps.and i have diarreah.i have taken diarreah pills pepto bismo..its embarressing.what should i do.healthy.i cant have a normal life.i am a weihave a high metabulism.is there a medication that wilhelpso i can eat..and live a normal healthy life.some times i dont anything for hrs andstill get diarreah..tina mul.

I had my gallbladder removed when my son was 6 weeks old and a week later had stones removed from my bile duct. I had one previous attack right after labor but wasn’t diagnosed as one. Since then (13 years ago) I have had constant abdominal pain and daily frequent diarrhea. Could never exercise or take long trips. Have had colonoscopies, dairy allergy tests and high fiber diets prescribed to me none of which worked. I started reading up on gluten free foods and celiac disease. Two weeks ago I began a gluten free diet and immediately have had no symptoms. No diarrhea, no pain, etc. My joints and skin are also healthier. This is a miracle to me. After suffering for so many years I am able to sleep and walk and live again without pain and embarrassment.

HELP!!! My dad had gallbladder surgery about three weeks ago. He is still having complications. before surgery he was throwing up bile. Now every time he starts back to eating solid foods his belly swells up and he again throw up bile. The doctors don’t understand the what the problem is. He is still in the hospital. They have done x-rays and saw a blockage in his small intestine, but this same blockage was there when he had his surgery. But when the surgeon looked at his intestine during surgery he found nothing wrong with it. Every thing seems fine untill he starts on a regular diet

i had my gall bladder removed about 3 years ago and i have experienced severe weight gain and my fitness level has been on the decline since then. i spoke to my GP about the situation and he seemed really enthusiastic about helping me solve this issue up until i told him how my gall bladder was damaged (stabbing). he then made the assumption that i was some sort of criminal and all of a sudden his attitude changed. Is there anyone with a similar issue or is this just a one off case?

Yes, that is one of the worse things about getting your gallbladder out, its like a constant drip now, always have the urge to go. Now that I’m pregnant, I’m more regular, and will only go a couple of times a day (sometimes I get it, but it all depends on what I eat, as certain foods is worse.) I know someone else that this happened to as well. Afraid to go out to eat because within minutes you have to go to the bathroom.

“hey,
    I also have the problem of diarhea since my gual bladder was removed, but it only becomes a problem when i eat too much fat. So i try to limit it. I was already over weight when i had mine out so no idea if its effected me with weight gain. But i’ve recently realised that i possibly have back pain when it co-insides with too much fat. I also am getting terrible trapped wind which is increasing the pain in my back.
    I’ve been told by the docc that anything over 6grams of fat per 100g is considered high fat, so i’m going back on a low fat diet to see if it gets rid of the pain i’m getting.
    I’ll post if it helps me.”

“I had my gallbladder removed about 3 weeks ago. Prior to the
    surgery I had servere attacks about once every two years.
    An ultrasound detected several stones. My doctor said I should
    have the surgery. I asked about the side effects and he said
    some people report using the bathroom more frequently.

I had NO idea frequently would me everytime I ate. Sometimes
    I do not even finish eating all of my food and I have to go
    to the bathroom. I have severe diarrea.

If I had known that I would have to use the bathroom so
    often I would not have had the surgery. This is ridiculous.
    I do not want to go through life like this forever. I can’t
    eat when I am traveling.

At least I know that I am not isolated. I pray for a cure
    of this.

Well it’s been 5 months…and normal is nowhere in sight. I can’t eat anything, I feel like I am full and bloated all the time. Regardless of what I eat (which is next to nothing) I feel like I’m 400 Ibs, a very heavy disgusting feeling…that just won’t go away. I have never in my life felt like this. You say it’s not needed (transplant), well neither is living like this. No disrespect intended, I’m sure you’re a very good doctor, but after the path I’ve been directed down…I feel some are better off shining shoes for a living.

“I have been having severe abdominal discomfort for aprox. 1 year. April 99 was is hospital for tests all of which reveals a
    non functional gall bladder. Put on medication to finish out the
    school year. June 99 had gall bladder removed. I was pain free for about 7-10 days. The the pain returned as before surgery.
    Returned to surgeon who ordered more tests that revealed
    nothing. Have lost 30-35 lbs and am on limited diet non fat,
    non dairy, not spicy foods and especially no salads. All of which send me into extreme stomach spasms. I have a tightness in
    my abdomen under my belly button that feels like someone hasa super human grip on me. I also have vomiting and diarreha. Is there help for me out there? ”

Hey, I feel Your pain. I have gb surgery sch. for first part of april. And I have the same sysm. as you do . I even went to another dr to get another opinion and he treated me like it was my fault for seeing someone else first and then went the total opposite of what the first one said . He didnt even care about my throat and told me about the same that there is nothing there. So now what do i do . I have all the sysm. of gallbladder but i have the sysm. of gerd. i’m so weak that i cant do anything. if you have found any answers here please share and that goes for anyone reading this. I am so afraid i dont know what to do besides check into the nearest looney bin. Thanks . Dena

I HAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED ALMOST TWENTY YEARS AGO. THAT IS WHEN MY PAIN STARTED. I HAVE HAD ALL TEST DONE,I HAD ERCP THREE TIMES EACH TIME MY PAIN GOT WORSE. I SUFERED FOR EIGHT YEARS WITH SPHINCTER OF ODDI DYSFUNCTION. I COULD ONLY EAT FAT FREE ICECREAM, CRACKERS AND MILK. AND ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO MY FAMILY DOCTOR PERSCRIBED DARVACET. AND IT WORKED, I TOOK ONE OR TWO DARVACET ADAY AND A PROTON PUMP IHIBITOR-PRYOSEC AND I FELT LIKE MY LIFE HAD BEEN SAVED. I COULD DRINK COFFEE EAT SPICY FOODS I FELT LIKE A NORMAL PERSON AGAIN. IN NOVEMBER OF 2010 I FOUND OUT THAT DARVACET WAS BEEING PULLED FROM THE MARKET , I ALLMOST CRIED. MY PAIN CAME BACK WIHT A VENGENCE , NOW I HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN, AND FROM WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT THEY STILL DON’T HAVE ANYTHING THAT WORKS VERY WELL FOR SOD. I TRIED CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS NO HELP, ANTISPASMATICS DON’T WORK. I READ ON THE NET THAT THEY STARTED CLINICAL TESTING LAST YEAR AND IT WOULD LAST ABOUT THREE TO FIVE YEARS. SO IT COULD BE SEVERAL MORE YEARS BEFORE THEY EVEN HAVE A DRUG OR ANYTHING TO HELP US. I AM GOING BACK TO A GASTRO DOCTOR TO SEE IF MABEY I COULD BENIFIT FROM BOTOX OR MABEY ANOTHER ERCP. I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE. I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED IF I FIND ANYTHING .

I HAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED ALMOST TWENTY YEARS AGO. THAT IS WHEN MY PAIN STARTED. I HAVE HAD ALL TEST DONE,I HAD ERCP THREE TIMES EACH TIME MY PAIN GOT WORSE. I SUFERED FOR EIGHT YEARS WITH SPHINCTER OF ODDI DYSFUNCTION. I COULD ONLY EAT FAT FREE ICECREAM, CRACKERS AND MILK. AND ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO MY FAMILY DOCTOR PERSCRIBED DARVACET. AND IT WORKED, I TOOK ONE OR TWO DARVACET ADAY AND A PROTON PUMP IHIBITOR-PRYOSEC AND I FELT LIKE MY LIFE HAD BEEN SAVED. I COULD DRINK COFFEE EAT SPICY FOODS I FELT LIKE A NORMAL PERSON AGAIN. IN NOVEMBER OF 2010 I FOUND OUT THAT DARVACET WAS BEEING PULLED FROM THE MARKET , I ALLMOST CRIED. MY PAIN CAME BACK WIHT A VENGENCE , NOW I HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN, AND FROM WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT THEY STILL DON’T HAVE ANYTHING THAT WORKS VERY WELL FOR SOD. I TRIED CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS NO HELP, ANTISPASMATICS DON’T WORK. I READ ON THE NET THAT THEY STARTED CLINICAL TESTING LAST YEAR AND IT WOULD LAST ABOUT THREE TO FIVE YEARS. SO IT COULD BE SEVERAL MORE YEARS BEFORE THEY EVEN HAVE A DRUG OR ANYTHING TO HELP US. I AM GOING BACK TO A GASTRO DOCTOR TO SEE IF MABEY I COULD BENIFIT FROM BOTOX OR MABEY ANOTHER ERCP. I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE. I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED IF I FIND ANYTHING .

Helloo, my 13 yr old had her surgery december 27th and is sooo miserable i don’t know to do anymore. They tell us the same darn thing and it’s a bunch of bull. My daughter knows the difference between gas and constipation, she eats and she goes straight to the restroom and let’s everything out. I am so fed up with the docors telling me she’s lactose intolerance and to watch wat she eats. Even when she does that it doesn’t help. Something is terrible wrong and I want answers!!!

The first word that comes to mind is “”validation!”” I have just read all about my pain. As with most of you, I have been told scar tissue, IBS, possible stones still in, and/or results after GB surgery. I fortunately, do not have as severe pain as alot you. I am sorry that you are going thru this.
    I just injured my back and had to have an xray, when I learned almost three years later, that I have a surgical clip in my body. I was shocked! During my post op visit, I mentioned this pain, as well as other symptoms. I now know in my heart that it is caused by this clip.
    I am very interested in learning about these metal clips — I read all the posts and noticed several people mentioned them. Has anyone done research? If so, have you gotten anywhere? I would love to learn more about them.
    I certainly wish I would have had an option of metal or plastic. I didn’t even know until today I had one. Oh my! My email address is ***@**** If someone has information regarding the clips, again, I would love to learn about it. Thanks again for the validation. I am so grateful to have found this site. ”

The topic ‘Ongoing Complications (1000+)’ is closed to new replies.