Ongoing Complications (1000+)

my girlfriend had her gall blader removed about 8 months ago she looks about 7month pregnant can anyone tell us why this is?she has also just lately,been wetting her pj bottoms its not a lot but she is so upset and cant seem to get answers?

I have had a horrible time post op with nausea. My dr first tried compazine and besides making me extremely tired it didn’t work. He then put me on Zofran and that helped a lot with the nausea. I have also been on Reglan (even before my surgery) because he believed my stomach wasn’t emptying fast enough and that is also suppose to help with the nausea. I’ve been luck only in that I haven’t had too much trouble with diarrhea although I have had it once in awhile. The meds helped but I still felt very bad. Then I started to (and still sometimes have) depression. Was it the meds? I’ve read that Reglan can do that. Was it just that I felt so bad for so long? Hard to tell. I was getting very depressed, so bad that I thought I may need some kind of antidepressants even though I dreaded going on even more medication. At exactly 3 weeks I started to feel slightly better, only occasional nausea. Now I am at 5 weeks and although I feel nowhere near normal I am starting to feel even a little better still. I think I am getting better but it is BABY steps for me. My surgeon just yesterday thinks I should be better so he wants a gastric emptying test and took me off my Reglan. I was scared I might start feeling horrible but so far today I am okay. I hope I am turning the corner for good this time. Try to stay positive, I know how hard it can be. I got little support from my wife, family, and friends that were kind of acting like I was a wimp or something when they have no idea how hard it has been for me to try and function normally when all I wanted to do was lay in bed. See if your doctor can change your meds and ask him/her about Reglan and Zofran, they helped me. Hang in there. My doctor also said that after 6-8 weeks your body should be about how it is going to be. I think this more of week to week thing rather than day to day.

“Leaking Stomach
    I also had a hernia repair and gallstone removal a couple years ago . Heres my problem the scar where the closed the surgery leaks and when it does it smells Its terrible. I am a clean person and this has bothered me to no end. I have a bunch of medical problems so I can not say weather my other symptoms are related. If any one else has had this problem please respond.The liquid is clear but the smell is horrible. I have to put paer in the area to keep it off my clothes. It dosent leak all the time . I do not know what causes it to leak. Help!!”

“This is such an eye-opener. So many people with awful symptoms of no gall bladder.

Today is a bad day – I am feeling unwell. When I look back at what I ate yesterday I cannot find anything that would cause this. I seem to get like this every 2 weeks. I feel yuk in my stomach, have diarrhea, feel like I need to lay down and get light-headed and dizzy.

I feel quite desperate – scared and wish I knew why I feel like this and how to stop the light-headedness”

I had my surgery December 20th 09,i am quite a slim person but my tummy looks huge,the lump on the side of the incision is the size of a tennis ball,surely after 7mnths it should all be healed up,the pain in my tummy is unbearable,i have made an appointment for 3pm this afternoon with my own doctor,i will let you all know the outcome,fingers crossed its not fluid or anything to drastic,some people recover differently to other peeps,i think im just u lucky that is hasnt healed properly :-(.

I had my gb removed almost 3 months ago and i have not gained any weight either so that also leaves me wondering about everyone else gaining weight. I have lost a total of 12 lbs. Since having it removed. Granted i stay away from fried foods bc if i dont i know i will have cramps and be in the bathroom all night! I think its just a matter of getting to know your body and what it can and cant handle after you have your gb removed

I had my gallbladder removed 5 yrs ago, had lots of complications, nicked intestions, 2 major infections, wound vac for 2 months, and additional surgury to fix intestional damage, I have had constant pain in my upper stomach and my lower left groin area, bloating, and knot in the area where the gallblaer was removed, been hospitalized every 3 to 6 months for pain, nausa. Just wondering if anyone else have had these problems, and if so, any suggestions as to whats the problem.

“I know what you mean about those pains, I sometimes too get them in my right hand side and I have no idea why, they are just as you described – stabbing pains. I’m not sure if it had anything to do with me getting my gall bladder out or not, but now that I think of it and after reading your post, I really think it could have something to do with that. I searched for gall bladder removal message boards today because I have been having so many problems after my surgery and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

I’ve been doing pretty good with my diet but for some reason, I’ve gained a lot of weight since I had the GB removed. My stomach is constantly bloated, especially after just eating. I know that sometimes people usually normally feel and get bloated after eating a large meal but this will happen to me even after eating something as small as a poptart or a few crackers. I feel as if my stomach is getting bigger and bigger every 2 weeks and I don’t know what to do to stop it. nothing fits anymore, my pants, shirts, stockings, underwear, everything’s so uncomfortable. This has never happened to me before surgery (which was in June of 06).

Have you (or anyone else) experienced this or symptoms like it? ”

I had my gallbladder removed in 1988 and no one told me to watch my fatty intake. The only problems that I have are after eating stay close to the rest room and if I intake too much fat it gives me a bad taste in my mouth causing me to gage. I had a baby in 1990 with no problems and she was born normal. Other than over weight and the problems that comes with being over weight I’m fine .

I had mine out 2 years ago, and get diarrhea all the time, I have put on weight and feel sick a lot to. I live in the UK and have told the doctor , but I have been told its got nothing to do with my GB removal. And he wont give me anything. I have tried different doctors and they say the same. I notice in The USA you can get stuff to help but there’s nothing in the UK as the doctors refuse to except GB removal can cores problems. Where can I get help? 🙁 ?

I’m 20 years old & I had my gallbladder & stones removed a little over 2 years ago & I feel worse now than I ever felt before…I mean I dont get gallbladder attacks anymore (& if you’ve ever had one of those, you know the pain!) but I really cant eat anything without it going right through me…I have severe cramps & sharp pains all the time…I get this sick (like I’m going to vomit) feeling almost every time after I eat….Maybe there is more to this than just my gallbladder, but sometimes I wish they would have just left it alone

“I had mine removed at 23 years old. It was completely full of stones and was removed 2 weeks later…. I have felt sick since a child and even after it was removed….I never got better.
    Turns out, people who get stones or gall bladder problems so early in life is usually a result of a certain condition. I just started tests to figure out what it is but we are pretty sure…
    If you still have not gotten better, you may want to talk to your doctor about taking a Hydrogen Breathe test and see if you test positive.
    Celiac Disease is the main cause for this in younger people and most likely what I have…
    Hope this helps anyone who is going through the same problems.”

Glad I researched GERD. I was diagnosed with it about 20 years ago. Finally Nexium helped keep it away. Since 1/1/10 it has flared up something awful. Sleep fine but after getting up, it starts within an hour and lasts all day. Just had an endoscopy, which turned out normal. Had gall bladder scanned, have stones but have had them for years. I know my doctor is going to suggest having GB removed, but I don’t want unnecessary surgery at my age. I have read of deaths from GB surgery mishaps. Need to find some relief though

I had my gallbladder removed on Jan 25 and felt like myself in a few days….About one week later, I was experiencing severe indigestion, back pain in my shoulders and a buring feeling in my stomack. I called my surgeon and spoke to the nurse. She told me that I could experience these symptoms up to 8 weeks post-op. Its now week 4 and I have GERD and have lost at least 15 lbs. I went to see my gastro doctor who has imformed me that my symptoms are atypical but put me on 80 mg of Nexium a day. The Nexium has helped but has not completely rid me of my symptoms. I of course, think that I am going to have a heart attack because the indigestion is so severe.

I had my gallbladder removed on Feb 14 Since then I have gained 35 pounds. I am 4foot 10. I use to wear a size 4 now i wear a size 8. The gas is also bad the burping and farting. What can you do about it. I want my body back.

The topic ‘Ongoing Complications (1000+)’ is closed to new replies.