Ongoing Complications (1000+)

“I’m beginning to think we-the-gallbladderless-and-unable-to-eat-fat are not so rare 🙂 I have a host of digestive issues – IBS, chronic pain, GURD – and I am only 27!

My GB was removed a year ago, and I still have stabbing pain, gas, cramping etc. when I eat rich food. I’ve had a lot of houseguests in the last month, and they always want to go out to eat ( I live in San Francisco, and the cuisine is phenomenal.) So I’ve been wincing along for the last few weeks, eating tartines and quiches and all things tasty, but deeply regretting it later.

The way I feel best: eating very low fat food, in small amounts, every two hours or so. Think snacks rather then meals. If the pain is overwhelming, you might consider getting checked out for stones in the bile duct, problems with the sphincter of the odi (a weird little valve before your colon), colon / bowel issues… there are a lot of organs involved in digestion, and any of them could be the culprit of your continued discomfort. You might consider getting a check-up 🙂

I was very healthy and active until gallbladder was remover in 2007. I have had this pain like the rest of you can’t count the money and doctors I’ve seen. I have for a year had a Christian gastro determined to help me, I have done the pain meds to no avail. The nerve blocks. The tests too many times to mention. I was sent to a surgeon and he went in to repair nerve damage 2 1/2 weeks ago. I will let you know if it works because it seemed like last resort to try to get back to a normal life. Yes you can’t bend to the right, can’t expand lungs to sing. Can’t eat a regular sized meal. Pain radiates from rib cage into back when very aggravated. The more you move the worse the pain. I will keep you all posted still on the recovery I hope it works so I can refer you all to get better also. Will update later.

I was very healthy and active until gallbladder was remover in 2007. I have had this pain like the rest of you can’t count the money and doctors I’ve seen. I have for a year had a Christian gastro determined to help me, I have done the pain meds to no avail. The nerve blocks. The tests too many times to mention. I was sent to a surgeon and he went in to repair nerve damage 2 1/2 weeks ago. I will let you know if it works because it seemed like last resort to try to get back to a normal life. Yes you can’t bend to the right, can’t expand lungs to sing. Can’t eat a regular sized meal. Pain radiates from rib cage into back when very aggravated. The more you move the worse the pain. I will keep you all posted still on the recovery I hope it works so I can refer you all to get better also. Will update later.

I was 33wks pregnant when I had mine out. It was open surgery. I had this done 3 mos ago and still have pains (insicion) and lots of diarrhea. I had my baby 3 wks after the open surgery. I think I still haven’t recouped from the whole ordeal. Just wanted to let you know I have had bowel probs too…. Its been VERY hard to lose the baby weight too. 🙁

I have gained weight since my gb operation 2 years ago. As the others say I do not eat a lot and am careful of what I eat. I also still have nausea and some pain on the right side. I did not have the ‘easy’ operation .

It’s been 5years, yes and i feel worst than ever! i have to take Zantac every day, I always feel bloated and have gained 20lbs since my surgery. I never should have let the Dr remove my Gallbladder! i fell horrible everday! I’m so sick of feeling sick!

I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago, and I never had the EXCRUCIATING upper back (middle) pain before or the terrible heartburn either! I was fine before I had it removed! Where can I get the digestive enzymes? Please tell us where to get them. Thank you for your help. This condition is so troubling, but gallbladder removal was the only option I had! Too many trips to the Emergency Room. By the way, I still feel slight pain on occasion in my gallbladder area where it used to be.
    Does anyone else experience pain there, too, sometimes?”

“had my gallbladder removed 2 momnths ago. My stomach is still bloated, and every time I eat it bloats even more. I have never been thin, but notfat either. Now I look and feel disgusting, as my distended stomach looks like a 80 year old beer gut. I can’t even suck it in it distends so far…

Will this ever go away”

“My wife, 33, had her gallbladder removed in January 2010. It came on rather sudden and was a scary experience. Since then, we have been to the emergency rooms numerous times due to her experiencing pain that she says is just like the gallbladder pain she had before it was removed. They will check her liver and pancreas enzymes each time (upon our request) and they are always elevated. Yet nothing ever seems to be done about it.

As I write this, she is now in a mental hospital. Her family and myself has seen such a drastic change in her personality these last few months, that we are certain that her psychological disorders must be due to something that her body is causing. I have read that some liver conditions can cause psychological problems. Last night she experienced the worst pains thus far, the staff at the ward tested her enzymes and once again her levels were high. I am hoping they will finally get around to doing further testing to find what on earth is going on with her! I fear that if they don’t, she may possibly end up having liver failure.

I only wanted to confirm your theory of having elevated enzyme levels after gallbladder removal. Unfortunately I have no other answers for you. I don’t recall what the level numbers have reached. Since it has been so long since your posting, have you by chance reached any conclusion yourself?”

“I will tell you. Even after my gallbladder removal, when I get stressed or overtired, my sides and stomach swell up so much nothing buttons.

I have found some inexpensive forms of relief on my own, after much searching and expensive homeopathic meds. If I am going out or doing something where I really don’t want to swell, before I take a bite of food, as they say “”Beano, first.”” It truly works. Mostly I take one tablet, but you can take as many as three. I have also found that symethicone gas tablets after I eat, help so that you don’t bloat.

I have really been pleased with this. Finally, I can eat. I have allergies to wheat, and the whole shebang of normal grain products and I also must drink ONLY lactaid milk. I drink fat free acidophilous milk. It is expensive, but worth it. I can have whole wheat bread, like for breakfast with the Beano.

I adore cola drinks. I have not been buying it. It is not easy to do, but I lost 5 pounds in a month without it. I am also hypoglycemic and if I really feel bad, a regular cola is a fast help. But a glucose tab is better, but not as much fun.

Be well. It is a long journey and you must find your own wellness way.

But, I don’t know medically, but I believe gallbladder sufferers also have allergies to grain products and regular milk. Good luck in looking gorgeous, taking care of yourself and stopping that blasted pain.

I have had breast cancer. Treated, thank heavens, but there is always pain in that breast.

Probably, the same with the gallbladder. It almost seems like a phantom pain.

If there is no real problem and you have been checked by a good physician for these terrible inconveniences, you have to learn to live and work with them. Find what you can eat and not eat. In public, to feel well, only eat what does not bloat and cause pain.

Signed, one of the people who keep on keeping on, katiebrightblue”

“As I was reading this I thought I was writing this myself. I had my gallbladder out last year in March 2008. I have been having severe pain/burning in my upper right abdomen under my rib cage, even before my gallbladder was removed.

The pain got worse after my gallbladder removal and went to see a GI. He told me I have IBS and it causes spasms sometimes and gave me medication for the spasms. The pain kept getting worse, so I went back and he orederd an Upper GI with a biopsy. That’s when I found out I have celiac disease. OK..but that doesn’t explain the pain in my upper right side, especially being gluten free for almost 5 months now.

I am supposed to be going for an MRI and a few more x-rays hopefully next week. I hope they figure out what’s going on, I can’t take the pain anymore.”

“Hi, My name is Jamie, and it’s been a lil over a year since i have my larascopic surgery. Like most of you, I have the bloating, gas and loose bowels. It’s very frustrating my allergies are all out of whack, and so is the rest of my body. I haven’t lost weight but I feel so bloated I couldn’t even tell you if I had or not. If I am having an allergic reaction to foods, then that could be why im staying bloated and not loosing any weight. I do feel worse than before my surgery. I hope that things will get better soon.

Jamie”

I developed bile reflux 3 1/2 months later and have been fighting it for 7 1/2 months. I had my second endoscopy done yesterday and my gastritis is “horrible” I also get to be one of the lucky people that get sicker on PPI’s and H2 blockers. To be honest, it’s been hell.

HI BATHROOM FRIENDS! ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO I HAD MY GB REMOVED ON AN EMERGENCY BASIS. STONES HAD DROPPED IN THE COMMON BILE DUCT AND I WAS VERY JAUNDICE. I TOLD MY DOCTOR TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT I HAD THIS DIARRHEA EVERYTIME I ATE AND ALWAYS HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AFTER AND SOMETIMES DURING A MEAL.MY DOCTOR ALWAYS WOULD TELL ME IT WAS ALL IN MY HEAD. A YEAR AGO I MET THIS OLDER DOCTOR AND HE TOLD ME THIS WAS KNOWN AS BILIARY DYSKINESIA AND PRESCRIBED QUESTRAN LIGHT FOR ME TO DRINK TWICE A DAY. I HAVE BEEN IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION ALMOST 10 YEARS AND I KNEW ALL ALONG I WASN’T CRAZY! I SEE PATIENTS THAT HAVE THE VERY SAME THING I DO AND NOW THE MD I WORK WITH TAKES THESE PATIENTS VERY SERIOUS NOW. I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO ALSO GET THE “TROTTS”!

🙂 HI. WELL WHOT CAN I SAY. I HAD MY G/B REMOVED BACK IN FEB 2009. STILL FEEL THAT ITS STILL THERE. RIBS ON RIGHT SIDE STILL GIVE ME JIP HERE AND THERE. BUT I HAVE LOST 21LBS IN THE LAST SIX WEEKS. I STILL GET SOME FORM OF HEART BURN IF I EAT SOME FATTY FOODS WHICH I AVOID AS MUCH AS I CAN. GASSSY IS ONE WAY OF PUTTING IT NO MATTER WHOT I EAT. LOOSE BOWELS MAY BE ONCE A MONTH. GAVISCON, WORKS FOR ME.SO I WILL GIVE IT A LITTLE MORE TIME TO SEE IF THIS WILL SETTLE, THEN MAY GO TO MY GP.

The topic ‘Ongoing Complications (1000+)’ is closed to new replies.