Ongoing Complications (1000+)

I have been having the same problem also! But with my case, I had the gall stone attacks off and on for about five years. I also had pancreatitis, because the gall stones got stuck in the bile duct that connected my gall bladder to my pancreas! Anyhoo, right after I had my gall bladder removed I started having loose stools all the time. After my first meal of the day, whether it’s breakfast or lunch(sometimes I don’t have breakfast), I get cramps and have to use the bathroom. And my stools are always loose, sometimes even mucousy. So could this be, because there’s no more gall bladder to store bile so it builds up in the intestines?

Not sure exactly what is going on with me. I have read all of the previous posts. I had my gallbladder removed in Dec. 01. I had stones stuck in the bile ducts the size of golf balls. In the last 2-3 years I have been experiencing heartburn and an acid reflux type symptom. (Rather painful and keeps me up at night) Now (within the 2-3 year time frame) I have had the food feeling like it was stuck in my throat. Normally I have to hurry to the nearest trash can and this is really embarrasing. Not to mention painful and annoying. After reading these post I’m going back to the dr. I have been on prilosec that he prescribed. My mother had an episode a year ago and she ended up flow to a hospital an hour away and had bleeding ulcers. We almost lost her because her blood presure was 60/40 before going to the hospital. I have modified my diet and fat intake. That didn’t seem to help. Lately it has been worse. My children are starting to worry now. That is what led me to this site. I’m glad that I’m not alone but wish we didn’t have to go through all this. Good luck to all

I’m 16 and I had my gallbladder removed July 31st ’08, about 5ish months ago, because it was only working 9% and was inflamed and discolored. (i didnt have stones) and still i feel nauseous just about every single day. mainly if i eat anything that has fat in it or even sometimes i just feel sick when i wake up in the morning or at night. it’s horrible! i hate it cause i’m not my normal self anymore, i always back out of going places with friends or having sleepovers because i don’t feel good or i’m afraid to eat anything. also i get acid reflux (i think that’s what it is) a lot randomly in the middle of classes and it hurts so bad i’m almost laying on the floor in pain. my surgeon warned me that even though they would remove it, it might not make me feel any better and i guess he was right. so for now i plan on sticking to a low fat diet to see if it changes the way i feel cause i’m soooo tired of feeling like i wanna throw up and die all the time.

After years of problems my Doctor encouraged me to have my Gall Bladder removed which he said would solve my probems. I did that and for a few months things seemed to go well. However one day all the pain started coming back. I was so devasted and sad. I approached my Gastrologist and he said there was no way it could be Gall Bladder related as they also clear the ducts during surgery to make sure there are no obstructions. I was put on Nexium , Carafate with no relief. One day I had excruciating pain and rushed to ER. An Ultrasound detected something and they did an ERCP to check the bile ducts. They found a large stone embedded in the duct that was infected and the infection had backed up in my liver and pancrease. They removed the stone, put me on Levaquin which I was on for about three months. It took the better part of a year for me to recover but I am doing very well now. The Doctor that removed the Gall Bladder laprascopally said he didn’t check out the ducts because the Gall Bladder was so bad nothing could have been relased by it. The Ultrasound and ERCP found my problem And My good Doctor corrected the problem. This is just my experience, don’t know if it will help anyone, but I do know sometimes Doctors can overlook things. I didn’t blame my surgeon, he fixed an abdominal hernia at the same time and did a very good job. I am doing real well now.

Hello everyone. I too have had my gallbladder out. My surgery was a little different than these other people. I also had a hernia repaired during the same surgery! My symptoms started during my pregnancy with twins which was six years ago(1994) . I had frequent lose bowel movements and cramping with each meal. I pretty much lived with the symptoms thinking that I just had a change in my bowels since having the twins, not knowing that this was abnormal. My attacks got worse until I finally went to see a Doctor(1999). I was sure that I had a hernia, but my Doctor said he felt that it was a gallbladder problem. Tests confirmed the gallgladder thiery, and surgery was needed. During surgery the Doctos discovered the hernia and repaired that also. Since my surgery my bowels have gotten worse. Depending what I have eaten, I can have as many as 3 lose bowel movements immediately after each meal or snack! There is usually a lot of cramping and sometimes a feeling like there is a knot just a few inches below my sternum and /or a nautious feeling. My bowel movements changed so drastically going from 1 movement every 2-3 days to several at each meal. I am a 28 year old with 4 children and an owner of a cleaning service, I do not have time to sit in the bathroom all day. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Hello everyone. I too have had my gallbladder out. My surgery was a little different than these other people. I also had a hernia repaired during the same surgery! My symptoms started during my pregnancy with twins which was six years ago(1994) . I had frequent lose bowel movements and cramping with each meal. I pretty much lived with the symptoms thinking that I just had a change in my bowels since having the twins, not knowing that this was abnormal. My attacks got worse until I finally went to see a Doctor(1999). I was sure that I had a hernia, but my Doctor said he felt that it was a gallbladder problem. Tests confirmed the gallgladder thiery, and surgery was needed. During surgery the Doctos discovered the hernia and repaired that also. Since my surgery my bowels have gotten worse. Depending what I have eaten, I can have as many as 3 lose bowel movements immediately after each meal or snack! There is usually a lot of cramping and sometimes a feeling like there is a knot just a few inches below my sternum and /or a nautious feeling. My bowel movements changed so drastically going from 1 movement every 2-3 days to several at each meal. I am a 28 year old with 4 children and an owner of a cleaning service, I do not have time to sit in the bathroom all day. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

I had my gall bladder out in October 2011. I recovered fantastically and have been feeling great since about the week after the surgery. But, for the past 6 weeks or so I have begun to experince diarrhea and it has become more frequent. Is it uncommon to start to experince this so many months after surgerywhen I had been feeling so good initially?

I am hoping someone can help me. I am 37 yo female suffering from fibromyalgia and had just recently (March 26) had my gallbladder out. It was done laproscopically, but I had several complications afterwards during my recovery and have not been the same since. For one thing, I have dropped weight and can’t keep any weight on. I used to weigh 126lbs and felt pretty healty, but now I weigh 110lbs and struggle to keep that weight. Almost everything I eat causes some sort of discomfort and I have just started experiencing nausea after eating. I also have IBS which complicates the issue. I just am worried sick something else is wrong since I can’t keep weight on, but I also can’t eat alot anymore at all. Is this normal? Will I ever be able to eat normal again or is this a new way of life? I am now lactose intolerant to an extreme that I can’t even eat or drink lactose free foods. Even that bothers me. I need to know that this could be normal after having my gallbladder removed?? How long will this take to feel normal again if ever?? 🙁 I have tried soy milk, don’t like it, or soy products. I can’t eat any fruits or veggies and am VERY concerned I am leading a very unhealthy diet since my surgury. PLEASE can someone shed some light for me?? I feel like my life has just gone from bad to worse! HELP!

I am so glad I found this site. I had my gallbladder removed over a year ago. Since then I have a sharp pain in my left side under my rib cage. Also have a funny feeling in my stomach like I need to eat if I don’t eat I start to feel really bad. I thought I was the only person experiencing this. I am so happy it’s not just me. I have to fast for 2 days only drinking clear liquids and I have no idea how I am going to be able not to eat solid food. I know from experience liquids do not help the “hunger feeling”, but I need to get the scope done to see if anything is wrong with my stomach. Does anyone know what this is.

Gall bladder removal 5 weeks ago. I can attest to the foregoing. Cannot eat even the modest size meals previously consumed. I am back to the my regular exercise program. However, I know that I will be able to only eat small meals from here on out.

Hi, I’m a 22 Asian woman who had my gall bladder removed at 4 years old. As of this past year, I’ve collapsed twice from drinking a regular amount of alcohol, (usually vodka drinks or shots). What usually happens is that I will be feeling fine, (sober-like) up until it hits me out of nowhere where my hearing clogs and I literally black-out (lose my vision). I have not found a doctor who could tell me what exactly happened, but it has been assumed that I get extremely dehydrated and I experience a high volume of alcohol in my blood-flow until it passes. This process lasts for about 20-30 minutes and when I wake up, I feel some tingling in my fingers and my heart pumps fast. When it is over, I can walk and talk as if nothing ever happened. Your husband’s case does sound different, but getting inebriated from vodka sounds similar to me. Since my last collapse at a toga party, (I’m a student at UCSD), I did try to take small sips of a mixed drink, but I’d immediately start to feel a severe headache like I do with wine, so I stop. Ever since, I’ve stopped drinking altogether. The fact that your husband goes through such unfortunate events from consuming alcohol, I would recommend he stop drinking altogether. If you have not already brought this to a doctor’s attention, you should do so and hope that one has an answer because I still need to find one too.

“gall bladder removal and ERCP and pain again
    I am 17 and had my gall bladder removed a little over 2 weeks ago. They also found out afterward my bile duct was blocked and scheduled me for an ERCP the next morning (which is where the cut the end of the duct to allow anything to pass easily). Yesterday, I started experiencing slight to severe pain in the right side of my upper abdomen just like before my surgery, nausea, vomiting, dizzyness, and cramping of my stomach. I went to my post-op two days ago and the doctor who did my surgery said I was healing fine and to go back if I experience any problems. Couls this be pancreatitis? ”

The doctor never told me about a low fat diet or anything before or after the surgery, I found that out myself. I guess the diarrhea is better than pain I had all day everyday. I hope it does get better. I was a junk food junkie so eating healthy will actually be good for me. I have lost a few pounds in the last two weeks which is good. But for now I am really picking and choosing what goes in my mouth. No fast food, fried food, I am already lactose intolerant, no nothing lol. I have gotten to where I only eat chicken with nothing else for now. That is the only thing I have found that doesn’t hurt my stomach as much. I am glad I found this site, I’m glad I am not alone.

“Hi there I also had gall bladder removed 6 years ago and as soon as I eat I have to run to the toilet didnt relise it was associated until seeing all these comments on this web site I am
    sure it is the removal of the gall bladder that has caused this I am currently underging test as my doc thinks I have a muscle problem I will certainly mention my op to him as thinking back I have had this problem ever since the surgery ”

“Hi my name is danny and i have had my gallbladder removed over a year ag.Ever since i was having very bad stomach pain it hurts mostly up top and the urge to vomitt.sometimes I do and the pain would last 30 mins to an hour and after that i would have to use the bathroom really bad and after i pass my bowels the pain would go away.I went to doctors and was daignosed with IBS.this has been going on for over a year now,forgot to mention the headaches and back pain that comes with it.this is interfering with my life,my job and i would have an IBS attack as soon as i would leave the house in the moring,this is sooo embarrising,i just went to see a new doctor last week and she said she think it an ulcer.I have no idea what i have i just wish this problem would stay out of my life.Thank u for reading my story.

danny”

The topic ‘Ongoing Complications (1000+)’ is closed to new replies.