Ongoing Complications (1000+)

“This past August I was fit and feeling great. Now, I don’t trust my body, feel fatigued and struggling with pain, mostly headaches. But gradually I am getting better. So, I do feel there is an end to this.

I did have bloating and abdominal pain for about four weeks following the surgery. After my tests came back normal, my GI Doc sent me to the ER. The ER tests where normal, CAT scan, blood, urine. So, nothing conclusive. However, they did give me morphine via the IV for the pain. Within minutes the gas began to move in my system, causing even more pain. But, within 1 hour the gas pains where resolved and I have not had a problem since. I, do, however, avoid things that give me gas. Yogurt seems to be the main culprit. I was eating a lot of it after surgery due to my costant nausea.

I believe that conventional medicine has a difficult time dealing with the issues of the gallbladder, pre/post surgery. The gallbladder interacts with numerous systems and can effect those systems in the most strange ways. Acupunture recognizes how the body systems are interelated and acts accordingly. Acupunture has helped significantly with my nausea and abdominal pains and is reducing my headaches to a managable level. So, yes, acupuncture has helped. Time has helped as well. I think your rapid breathing is due to anxiety. I suffered from that as well, with my BP going through the roof. But through knowledge, I know that I am fundamentally healthy and I just need to re-balance my body. Acupunture helps in that regard. Now, my BP is back to normal, I do not have anxiety and see the end in sight.

“omg… i am one of the unlucky people who can no longer have alcohol since having my gallbladder removed (it was removed April 2012). I drank a month or so after and was able to “”get drunk”” for months following with no issues, however recently (the last couple months) when i get drunk i have more than a normal hangover, i am fine for a few hours upon getting up, able to make coffee, do dishes, etc… then all of a sudden, up comes the gatorade i drank for breakfast along with any FOOD i had…ugh. So then i decide, well lets just try gatorade, or water with NO food…. still comes back up, its like it hits my stomach and turns into this hard ball and within 20 mins im vomitting, violently. I even ate popcicles and still got sick. i stay sick for almost 24 hours after that, vomitting and diahrrea (sp?). It is definelty not worth drinking for me, and my case is one in its own, everyone is different, all i can say is try it out if you must, if you get sick like this, its obviously your bodies way of saying “”hey, sober up! i cant take this poison anymore….”” luckily for me im fun with or without alcohol 🙂 hope this helps someone.

Trish”

I had my GB removed in 98. It took them five days to figure out what it was. You have to remember that now the bile is constantly dripping into your intestines. It may take you months or even years for your digestive system to get used to that. The problem is that they don’t warn you ahead of time that this will occur and particularly with fatty foods. The result feels like a mini GB attack. You may go from diarrhea to constipation to normal BMs in the same day depending on your diet. You will need to see what works for you and go with the flow. The next thing… warn your friends that they might experience some upset after GB surgery.

I guess I should have done more research on this instead of listening to a Dr. I had my gallbladder removed on Friday..and ever since I have been bloated, constipated, had strange abdomen pain, fever, chest pain so bad that it made me feel like I could barely breath. Today I took a laxative since I called the surgeons office and asked if it was normal that I hadnt had a bowel movement since before the surgery…well now I am having some of the worst diarrhea/pain/cramping symptoms I have ever had in my life and I have IBS so that should say alot..Im use to having those pains but these are different. I dont feel good at all after I eat no matter if I take a bite or eat a whole meal. My stomach ALWAYS feels full and like something is sitting right below my ribs in the center just pushing. I am 21 and DO NOT want to be miserable the rest of my life due to having this out..if all of these symptoms are so common afterwords than WHY do these dr’s push us to have the surgery? Cant they come up with other forms of treatment? I would rather have a gallbladder attack and lay in bed with my pain pills than deal with this everyday for the rest of my life.

i had my gallbladder removed in 2006 i cant eat or drink anything i cant go out to eat shopping .anywhere.within 5 minutes after i eat i have to run to a bathroom.my stomach cramps.and i have diarreah.i have taken diarreah pills pepto bismo..its embarressing.what should i do.this aint healthy.i cant have a normal life.i am a small petite person.i weigh only 90lbs.i have a high metabulism.is there a medication that will help so i can eat..and live a normal healthy life.some times i dont anything for hrs and still get diarreah.

i had my gallbladder removed in 2003 and now my mouth is always dry and i’m always going to the bathroom with bowel movements. is there anyway to stop the dry mouth. I feel like my body don’t produce saliva anymore since it’s been removed o

I had my gallbladder removed in January 2008 since then I have gained 30 pounds,have irritable bowel syndrome,and have terrible pains in my mid upper stomach if my stomach is empty. Despite all of that I am happy I had the surgery not having those terrible gallbladder attacks waking me in the middle of night is wonderful,so what if I have IBS gained some weight and have real bad tummy pains till I eat or drink something,its better than feeling like your insides are going to explode and feeling like I am going to die.

“:oops:

I went in orginally for a Bone Marrow Biopsy last September 2008. HUGE surgical mistake which lead me to lose my gall-bladder two weeks after. Now realize, I went into this with not only an A-Symp gall-bladder Pre-Surg but came in with a completely healthly one. They started to remove it Lap and ended up lacerating my hepatic portal vein and had to end up opening me up. Repaired it and continued to the removal my gall-bladder. Three days later, after crying and screaming, “”something wasn’t right””. Finally C-Scan, emergency surgery…they left two bile ducts open and I was full of Bile and Blood in my abdm. Four drains later, 6 months pass, 60 lbs down. I was reassured that with all what had been done, all had been “”fixed””. I would regain my weight, be able to get back to my normal diet and function again. (not soo much! 🙁 )

One month after my last drain was removed, I started to have this left shoulder pain, along with a larger spleen then when we started (ie. the original reason on why I went to the hospital 13 months ago). My right side, lower lobe of my lung-region is tender still. They have found fluid now located behind my spleen. Decided to check myself in at JHH and they believed that this fluid may be a result of some fluid from my liver or scarring from all those surgeries with and around my liver, PO 9 months. Ended up getting the Liver Transplant Team involved. My emezyes were 1130 and 875. Blood test showed no Hep’s were on board or any other blood diesease of the Liver. After Exploratory Lap and biopsy, they stated their not sure where the fluid is coming from. The bile ducts looked like it was healing as well as the Portal Vein.

On a pain scale of 0 to 10…I have consistantly been a 17! The left shoulder pains me when I eat certain things, yet my pancer emzem haven’t been elavated. My shoulder pain, pains me when I sneeze, cough, vomit and even at times when I take a deep breath. I vomit 97% of what I eat when I feel like eating. I was placed on TPN to force some nutrition into me for three months. I now tolerate, maybe a small bag of chips and maybe a glass of water a day and on a good day a few popciles. Hey, they say “”eat what you can keep down!””

I am now 13 months down, 4 Teams of different specilites with ZERO ANSWERS !

Anyone that doesn’t have a MD behind their name…have any input or could share their ‘similiar’ issues with their gall-bladder removal or any bile duct damage when having it removed?”

“Hi I hadmy gb removed in september 06
    and still have the same pain and have gain soooooo
    much weight I look 6 months pregnant.
    what causes this to happen andc what can I do? ”

I can only say, thank you! I had my gb removed in March 2008 and never had indigestion before but heaven help me I do now!! My chest is on fire, I would love for someone to put me out I am hurting so bad. Thank you all for allowing me to know that I am not alone. Thank you all,

“I’m 22 years old and I had my gallbladder taken out a little over 3 years ago. i never asked them what would happen if I drank after the surgery because I wasn’t 21 and was nervous about them lecturing me, but I think I’ll have to talk to my doctor next time I go in.

I haven’t had the two day hangover, but every now and then when I drink, my stomach starts cramping in the top quadrant and in my back directly behind that spot. It’s exactly like how my stomach would cramp when having a gallbladder attack and it’s really scary. It’s not as severe, and it only lasts about 20 minutes, but I’m trying to figure out what’s going on. I’m glad I found this forum so I know I’m not the only one. If anyone goes to the doctor and finds out what’s wrong, please let us know!”

“Hello, i am 24 and had my GB removed a few years ago, i have horrible pains every so often i have no idea the cause. i tryed keeping a log of the pains, when they were, how long they lasted, what they felt like, and the time of day. after doing this for months of carrying around a note book just for this i concluded that nothing added up i did get them more in the A.M but i get them at all times, i get them if i eat, and if i dont eat. the one thing that i have noticed i always have one or a few befor i start my period, but i also get them other times too, but there will sure be one around my period. this pain that im talking about is around the area of my top incision site, hight stomach a few inches below my breast. this pain makes me hunch over no matter where i am or what i am doing i have to stop, iv had to pull the car over to many times due to this pain. some times this pain is so uful i feel as if im going to have to use the restroom, puke, and pass out at the same time. this pain interfears with my everyday life and i wish i could make it stop.
    i also have another type of pain this one does not happen as often as the other but i feel like it is worse this one always happens when im sleeping, i wake up in so much pain that i always end up crying. this pain just feels like all my insides are sore thats the only way i can describe it. nothing helps or makes it better, im usally extreamly tierd when this happens and just want to go back to sleep, but if i lay down it gets worse. i just have to wait it out i usally just sit in the shower and cry.
    im not sure why i have these pains and neither do the DRs so as of right now i just live with it. luckly i have a great boyfriend who was with me way befor my GB removal and he usally sits with me no matter what time it is when i get these pains. he says he feels bad bc he doesnt know what will help me, but im just glade he here. what scares me the most is that i have no children and we have been trying, i am so scared to have these pain when pregnant, could it harm my unborn child? well even if there are no answers i feel better that im not the onlyone with this problem when for so long i thought i was.
    i hope everyone can find a way to be pain free.

“I had my gallbladder removed in or around 1990. I am having at times extreme fatigue, nausea, dizziness, easy bruising and elevated liver enzymes.

currently, though I am beginning my menopause, however, this issue with liver enzymes is repeating, and very debilitating. Am very concerned about it.

I have chronic fatigue syndrome which I heard can have overwhelming effects on the liver which doesn’t help at all.

All I know, is that it is really hard when I over do it, I crumble, unlike other people, that’s my weak link, that’s when I get dropped from life and have to rest. ”

hi my name is carol I have read all these post and I have the same problem infact I go again to the dr. tomarrow, so they can look at me like i’m goofy! I am sick if I eat and sick if I don’t eat,(from not eating). I had mine out this year in march functioning at only 8%. but still have the same problem. I wonder if it really was my gullbladder causing this or if something else is what is wrong and my gullbladder just wasn’t working at full capsity so it looked liked the problem? I get sick and want to vomit all the time I have very bad stomach aches and diaheria(everyday for 4,5 weeks, but that was the problem before the surgury, still have it so don’t under stand this. I know certain things make me run to the restroom as soon as I eat them but don’t even have to eat and still have to run. I was talking to a cancer dr.(just because he’s my friend ) he said he thinks it is my stomach and it may be producing too much enzimes so what ever that means. so If I find anything out that helps me I will post it. I do have to say I am glad I found this site I was beginning to think it was me, and I never wanted to go to the dr because I feel dumb.

Well it’s been 5 months…and normal is nowhere in sight. I can’t eat anything, I feel like I am full and bloated all the time. Regardless of what I eat (which is next to nothing) I feel like I’m 400 Ibs, a very heavy disgusting feeling…that just won’t go away. I have never in my life felt like this. You say it’s not needed (transplant), well neither is living like this. No disrespect intended, I’m sure you’re a very good doctor, but after the path I’ve been directed down…I feel some are better off shining shoes for a living. .

The topic ‘Ongoing Complications (1000+)’ is closed to new replies.