Ongoing Complications (1000+)

hi well im 17 yrs old and i just had my gallbladder removed on May 28 i went home the same day i felt fine the first few days until june the 2nd i had a big pain thrue my bellybutton up to my heart i couldnt breath and i didnt know what to do so i went to my doctor who did this and he told me that i was hurting beacause my insicions where conected their and all I had to do was take vicodon (the medicine he prescribed) and sure enough it went away but yesterday night june 5th i felt very nauseated and i dont know what i regret this decision but my stomach dosent hurt like it used to all it is is this nausea!! 🙁

I have the gall bladder removed like more than a year ago and I look 6-7 months pregnant all the time..I am trying crunches too..and little bit of exercising as well…but no improvement…I am NOT confident at all the way i look…Please someone suggest me a good diet or something that will remove my bloated belly for good….

I had mine taken out about 10 years ago and i still deal with it. The diarhea i’m sorry its a long term side affect. I’d watch your fat intake. I’ve noticed since i started watching mine, it’s not nearly as bad. Oh and i don’t know if you drink at all, but that can make it worse the next day.

I had mine taken out about 10 years ago and i still deal with it. The diarhea i’m sorry its a long term side affect. I’d watch your fat intake. I’ve noticed since i started watching mine, it’s not nearly as bad. Oh and i don’t know if you drink at all, but that can make it worse the next day.

I had my gall bladder removed in October of 1999. The surgery itself was relatively painless and I suffered no complications. I was up and about in just a couple of days. However I have noticed problems with constipation and/or diarrhea since the surgery. It is often the first meal of the day that causes the diarrhea. After reading all of your comments, I feel better because I was beginning to think I had developed a more serious problem such as cancer. I have never mentioned any of these symptoms to my doctor. At my post-op visit I was told that I may have problems with diarrhea immediately after the surgery but I was not told that it would last for any length of time. I still suffer from occasional bouts of nausea. I just try to watch what I eat. All in all, I’m glad I had the surgery because the pain associated with gall stones is something I never want to feel again.

I had my gall bladder removed in November 2008. At the time of removal I weighed 187 lbs. It is now 2 months later and I have been working out rigorously, eating 1500 calories a day. walking, going to the gym 6 x a week and not eating too much fat and i even take a pill called Alli which supposed to help with weight loss but i am still 197, i even got up to 208 in December because i was eating a lot. Im going to try the bile salts everyone is suggesting to lose weight. I think its going to work, something has got to give. I am at my wits end with this too! I hope someone can tell us how the bile salts worked to help you lose weight. Im going to bookmark this page, take the bile salts for 2 weeks and then post a response on how it worked for me. Thanks for reading.

I had the same pain in my left shoulder and was told it was totally normal. I had my surgery done labriscopiclly ( i know i spelled it wrong lol) but it is done with lasers and computer. The pain is from the gas they use to inflate your stomach. I still get pain in my back and shoulders after 9 months since my surgery.

A year ago I had my gallbladder removed. The bile that once went in it is now spilling back into my stomach causing my esophagus to spasum and extra production of acid. This in turn is causing GERD. My Doc and I have tried a few different meds but none have worked very well. I don’t like the idea of being on meds for the rest of my life either, so here’s the question…is there a diet plan or supplement, anything I can do to get the bile out,slow down the acid and calm down my esophagus?

I was a bit better until recently though still had the pain inside my stomach. I was eating better, even had a Chinese meal with my husband in a restaurant. However in the past 3 or 4 days Ive had problems again. It stated with the bloating and I had some Yakult. This was a big mistake as my Colon under my ribs started cramping and hurting,more bloating and pain the next day. I also felt very tense. Dont get tense it makes it worse I know that. Anyway the next day I didnt feel very well and was sick. I got terrible tensing pain as if my Oesophagus had gone into spasm. It was agony like a heart attack. I had to have paramedics who gave me Enternox for the pain,consequently they took me to A and E where they just gave me painkillers. I was sick again but was sent home in pain. It was still bad hours later and I had to ring the doc who told me to take codeine. It did ease but the next day Im still in some pain but not as bad. Im fed up of stomach pain which can be sore,tight or stabbing. My doc said that sometimes the nerves can get damaged after gallbladder removal and can take up to a year to regrow. They only grow about 1mm a week,great eh? That means its proberly the bile getting into the stomach upsetting it. I dont know what to do. I have been told it will get better though it doesnt seem to. Whats other peoples experiences? Im on antibiotics at the moment for a urine infection. What medicines have people tried? had success with?

I have just read all your stories about gall bladder problems. Mine is a little different, I have my gall bladder out because I had polyps, they were non canerous. Everything went well, 3 weeks I was well recovered, I am 53 and that was 2 years ago. BUT my problems is that I have had accute gall bladder attacks about every 4 months, in the evening, after dinner, I had a CT scan and my doctors have looked at me side ways when I described the shocking squeezing feeling under by bust and when I thought I couldnt bear any more it went away. I didnt know what these attacks were until recently meeting an old friend who had had her gall bladder out and I mentioned what had happened to me and she told me that the pain was just like the pain she got before her gall bladder was removed. Has this happened to anyone else I would love to hear.

I had gallbladder surgery 7/3/02 and have had pain ever since. Also have bowel trouble it’s either can’t go at all, or make sure you’re close to a bathroom. I’ve gotten pretty good at the eating out part. I know for the most part what restaurants I can eat in without having to make a mad dash to the restroom. There’s no happy medium. I was really starting to think I was crazy or imagining the pain becuase everyone also told me how great I was going to feel. I had no warning. My pain has just started to get worse over the last couple of months. I had slight pain up until recently. I don’t like to take pills so I have been putting off going to the doctor about it. Seems silly to suffer. To be honest on the really bad days I have nightmares waking up in a cold sweat because I dream that have cancer and I left my family all alone. I’m glad I found this site, it helps, maybe now I’ll have regular dreams. When reading others comments it doesn’t look like much can be done

I had gallbladder surgery 7/3/02 and have had pain ever since. Also have bowel trouble it’s either can’t go at all, or make sure you’re close to a bathroom. I’ve gotten pretty good at the eating out part. I know for the most part what restaurants I can eat in without having to make a mad dash to the restroom. There’s no happy medium. I was really starting to think I was crazy or imagining the pain becuase everyone also told me how great I was going to feel. I had no warning. My pain has just started to get worse over the last couple of months. I had slight pain up until recently. I don’t like to take pills so I have been putting off going to the doctor about it. Seems silly to suffer. To be honest on the really bad days I have nightmares waking up in a cold sweat because I dream that have cancer and I left my family all alone. I’m glad I found this site, it helps, maybe now I’ll have regular dreams. When reading others comments it doesn’t look like much can be done

“Hello. I have recently been diagnosed with bile reflux. I have SEVERE, CONSTANT burning in my stomach, abdomen, and chest area. The bile is refluxing not only into my stomach but my esophagus. It is so out of control that is has caused my esophagus to not open properly from the burning not being controlled. And most of all it has caused tachycardia with my heart to the point that when the burning is at it’s worst I get heartrates in the 180’s. It has been narrowed down that the bile reflux is causing my problems. I have a constant fire raging in my stomach/chest/abdomen. I was prescribed Questran and Welchol, both of which gave me severe heartburn and gas, which did not help because it just went from one type of burning to another. The only thing that seems to even help a little is Carafate, but not that much. The docs have told me that they don’t know what other meds to try. Can anyone who has had experience dealing with bile reflux please offer some suggestions as to how I can control this. It has not been determined what the cause of the bile reflux is. I have had many tests done (hida scan, mri with mrcp, blood work, egd) the only thing I haven’t had done is a small bowel follow-thru, gastric emptying study, and a colonoscopy. I am not sure what happened to my body. Prior to having bile reflux I had acid reflux for over 20 years and after seeing a post that said “”activia”” yogurt cured my acid reflux I decided to try it and after the 14th day my body exploded with excess gas, rapid heartrate(198), and uncontrollable belching(up to 20 min at a time), and severe burning that has not let up for the past 2 1/2 months. I don’t want to leave this out because also during the 14 days that I ate activia I also went on a yeast/candida free diet and and sugar free diet and got 2 IV iron infusions for iron deficienty anemia. Not sure if these things had anything to do with it but I was pretty much healthy before I embarked on this 14 day diet change. Based on the testing apparently “”activia”” did cure my acid reflux because I no longer have acid reflux I now have alkaline/bile reflux. I am currently typing this from the hospital. During the last 2 1/2 months I have been hospitalized 8 times. All docs are puzzled and can’t seem to help me. When I take any type of PPI, H2 blocker, or acid med even something as simple as tums or rolaids, the burning gets worse. When I tell the docs that they don’t believe me but I have found many articles and posts that say that when you have bile reflux these meds make it WORSE….how come the docs haven’t read this info? If anyone has any suggestions on how I can control this bile reflux thing please let me know. I am very desperate and in misery.

Also, not sure why the bile reflux developed. I did have abdominal surgery but that was to remove fibroids and they used the same scar as a previous c-section about 3 months prior to this happening. I do have adhesions from the surgery but bowels flowing normally. When I ate the “”activia”” yogurt I am lactose intolerant, I think, and could I have possibly caused an ulcer in my colon. I read that ulcers there could cause bile reflux, but haven’t had a colonoscopy yet.

Right now I just really need a suggestion of what I can take to get out of this constant burning and pain and then I will continue my search for the cause.

Please help if you can.”

I HAD MY GB REMOVED 3 DAYS AGO AND MY RIGHT SIDE OF MY BACK IS KILLING ME… I’M EXTREMELY BLOATED AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.. I’M USING THE BATHROOM FINE BUT THE PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE IS AWFUL.. HELP

The topic ‘Ongoing Complications (1000+)’ is closed to new replies.