Ongoing Complications (1000+)

Gall bladder surgery made a mess of me. It was done laprosocopic 5 punctures including belly button. Swollen creepy stomach, painful to eat; can’t eliminate for dAys until it becomes liquid. Stomach growling and cramping, hot to touch. Been back to surgeon he has no remedy but said I have surgical clips and maybe that is the problem see your gastro. Bad taste in mouth, dryness white tongue, loss of enamel on teeth. I think sepsis is settling in as it has been 8 months and they think I may have depression (who wouldn’t ) Other doctors don’t want to give further tests. Never had endoscopy when a symptom I was having was lack of taste and appetite . After surgery veins protruding thru out body, vascular doctor said weak vein valves and multiple spider veins including face and stomach. Loss of hair, dryness from head to toe , lack of muscle tone and strength. I force myself to eat than have bouts of pain. Heart doctor says increased fluid around heart. Dry throat, cracked ulcerated lips. Does anyone have some direction?

Hi. Just responding to your comments about Celiac. I realize that not all Celiacs will have gall bladder problems. The symptoms are so varied, so people tend to look at their own situation and think that’s how all Celiacs are. I have researched on the net and if Celiac (or gluten intolerance) goes undiagnosed in an adult, it will start to affect your other organs such as gall bladder, pancreas, bile ducts, etc. This is why some people get gall stones or a malfunctioning gall bladder. The gall bladder is removed but the pain continues and often, GI symptoms such as diahrea will get worse. I have a friend who has Celiac and she never had any problems with her gall bladder. However, I do and I have read of other people who had the same pain most people on this thread are complaining about and it ended up being Celiac, gluten intolerance or some other food allergy. I really think it is worth looking into. I just really hope that I can help someone out there who is suffering after gall bladder surgery. And by the way, if anyone gets blood tests done for Celiac, even if they come back negative, that doesn’t mean you don’t have it. Some people get diagnosed through intestinal biopsy or gene testing. Best wishes to all of you.

“Thanks for sharing I will study Abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome
    (ACNES)
    I think that could help many folks with their pain.

I have been helped by eating gluten free for over 3 months now.
    Taking supplements for ulcer/ mucosal lining
    Doing therapy sessions of body work called The Egoscue Method
    Massage for myofascial release
    I am going to also study the MELT Method as well

About MELT

I have made many changes for my health, Vegetarian, Walk daily, Take in a serious study of Bible Lessons Daily, Get daily sunlight or take Vit D and other supplements, Veggie Juice, Breathing exercises, 1 hour daily of Egoscue exercises, green smoothies from the raw family and very clean organic local raw food diet, pure water, air purifiers and Water therapy, Massage, weekly coffee enemas, castor oil packs and oilpulling (see oilpulling.com. ETC. I keep learning every day. Over the past two years I lost 100 lbs and kept 90 of it off for over 6 months. BTW changing to veggies, Juicing and not drinking black coffee (except on holidays and vacation) and of course the Grace of God has helped my kick m y sugar cravings. I still must be careful to avoid much sugar or too many fruits or starchy carbs. But I do not feel restricted at all like I did with years of dieting. While I am very careful about what I eat I also know as written in the scriptures, Man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God! Matthew 4:4 and John 14:6 is what real health is for. We all have a purpose and we are all only here in this life for a little while. I pray for the suffering of those in pain and I hope I can keep learning so I can share more. Thank you again for your story and info on Abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome, (ACNES). ”

was diagnosed with polyps in my gall bladder after an abdominal scan. One or two were larger than a centimeter. The doctor recommended that i remove my gall bladder. I had a second opinion and was advised again to remove the organ. I had never had any issues with my GB at all. After repeating this to both doctors, they both said although GB cancer is rare, when it does show symptoms it has usually matasticized(sp). With two 4 yr olds i elected to remove as a precaution. So i had the surgery. Today is day 6 and my doctor just called with the pathology report and said, by the way, there were no polyps,just small stones. I will miss two weeks of work, two months of excercise,can’t play with my kids this summer, who knows as far as diet and stomach problems, etc, etc. AND they removed a perfectly healthy organ!!! I have never been under the knife and have never been in a court of law, but this really has upset me. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions before i see him next week. Thanks in advance. Tom

i have had mine out when i was yong and im fine but the other people in my family have had it out during teens or later (its hereditory in the family) and the cant have more than a couple of beer befor there sick

I had my gallbladder taken out about 2 years ago and recently (since I’ve been pregnant) I’ve been having the pain again. I was reading online and think that it could be the sphincter of oddi dysfunction, but I don’t know if they can do anything about it while I’m pregnant and if it means more surgery? Can anyone tell me more about anything?

I’m having the exact same problem. I had my gallbladder removed a little over a month ago after suffering from constant nausea for over three months. It started off as me only being nauseas occasionally, and by the third month it had progressed to being constant with no relief from anything and landed me in the hospital. After every test came back fine, including an endoscopy and a colonoscopy, I took a gallbladder function test which showed my gallbladder was working about 10% less than normal, so they removed it the next day. The surgeon said it was incredibly swollen and diseased. It took about two weeks for me to recover from the surgery, and after that I felt fine. Then about 2 and a half weeks ago I started getting sick occasionally. Its the exact same nauseas feeling I had before and its progressing in the same way. Only this time I am absolutely exhausted. I get plenty of sleep but I feel more tired than ever all the time. And occasionally I get a crampy feeling mostly in my lower right abdomen but sometimes in my left too. All I can hope for at this point is that its just my body recovering because I cannot go through the constant nausea again for so long. Has anyone had this and it turned out that the gallbladder wasn’t actually the issue in the first place?

“I just found this site by chance today. I have had my Gb out aout 8 months ago and was doing ok so i thought. Last week I started getting really sick. I ended up in the hospital twice. I was throwing up and diarriah and the ER sent me home on pain meds and nausia meds. Well on Friday had to have ambulance take to hospital again I could not walk.

The Docs think it was due to inflamation of intestines due to virus, but i am not sure. I have IBS and Hietal Hernia but have never had the pain and nausia that I have had over the past week. I am afraid to eat anything. I have never felt this way. Has anyone experienced this? please give feed back, when i had my surgery the docs did not tell me of a rescriction on my diet. So I was eating what i normally ate until this past week.

Lyn”

I had my gall bladder out two weeks ago, I drank two glasses of red wine 4 days ago and was fine, the next day I wanted to finish the bottle so had another glass and a half, then a beer. The day after I felt dizzy and nausiated, different than hangovers i’ve had before, if this even was one. i had some mild pain in the area where the gall bladder was but it was different too than the gall attacks i used to have. I haven’t had more to drink since (been 2 days) and am trying to stay away from fatty foods more as i was testing out too what i could handle those days food-wise. I’m STILL feeling nausiated from this and am kinda wondering whats going on.. i was only told not to drink for 24 hours, they were very adamant about it though. I remember blurred faces telling me “no alcohol.. ok? no alcohol” lol right after surgery so i was kinda out of it. anyways that was a week and a half before the drinks i had, i waited a lot longer than 24 hours :s I guess what I have going on though is nothing compared to most stories from you guys in here. I hope it goes away and I can drink again -_- I was looking forward to being able to have a few beers and some scotch and what not when everyone else is enjoying it too 🙁 I went 4 years with gall bladder problems and not drinking much before my surgery.

“I had my Gall Bladder out 9 years ago, and find that when I drink Vodka I often get sharp abdominal pains. These last for about half an hour and are really quite unbearable. To get rid of them I need to drink litres of water and flush my system out. I have found that it happens more so with bars that serve cheap brands of Vodka.
    I’m ok on wine etc.”

“I had my Gall Bladder removed about 9 years ago , and the Surgeon came in to see me after I recovered and he told me > I need to tell you something extremely Important , What ever you do , if you use to like an ocassional Alchaolic beverage , you can NEVER Drink any again because your body can Not Break It Down and Process it.

I use to Love Marguritas , Chi Chi’s , and Kaluha and Cream.
    Haven’t had one in over 9 years. Sure miss them.

But I value my health and would never risk it because he said if you ignore his warning , you will be deathly ill and can actually suffer Alchaol poisoning.”

“I also had a large weight reduction in a short period of time and then was put on estrogen. My “”queasy”” symptoms and constipation increased for 13 years until my surgery at age 56. I have never had a history of “”bellyfat”” until this last 13 months since my gall bladder surgery. This extra weight has prevented me from walking, bending, or using my knees.
    I have just tried Yoga but am also in a new stressful job which takes most of my time. My Dr never gave me a post-surgery diet to follow. I have eliminated one meal a day, but not by choice. I have not lost any weight.
    I have also just been diagnosed with bladder cancer in May and can’t rule out the chemo treatments as the culprit. I drink plenty of water and just started Fish Oil. I will try Lecithin and enzymes.”

Hi I had my gallbladder removed in 2004 and I have had problems ever since. I have had so many test the doctor don’t really know what is wrong they asked if I’ve ever been over seas and I have never been over seas so they gave a name for my sickness ulcerative coltis and no one in my family have that….I think that they damage the bile duct becuase I had bloody diarrhea stomach pain and weight loss…..Now I take remicade infusions…..I suggest eating organic foods no milk or spiced foods eat something like brooth and jello popsicles and drink plenty of fluids….go to your health food store and they will recommend you something to take.

I am trying to find some answers. I had gall bladder surgery 3 years ago this past april. After surgery I experienced pain, just like before surgery for monthes. I eventually had 2-3 ultrasounds and one ct scan, even a colonoscopy. All that was found was a common cyst on my liver. Now, I have started hurting again in my upper right quadrant, just like before surgery. Went to the doctor today and had a urinaylisis. Found a slight infection so he thinks this is what is causing my pain. I am not so sure. I would like to have more tests. Maybe another ct scan to make sure everything is okay and to see if maybe I have scar tissue or if the liver cyst has grown. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I had a Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery for gallstones done (7 years ago) after that i was feeling sick ,vomiting and with pains in the right side where the gallstones removed had medication for other reasons but i couldnt take the medications i was feeling sick vomiting and with pains in the right side had tests to see what was wrong one was a ultrasound but nothing showed up so i put up with feeling sick but has the years went by i only was sore and had paind in the right ,we moved to a diffrent place,and a good thing happened one way it wasnt good ,i have been so stressed lately the doctor have me tests but one of those test was a ultrasound for something sore in my upper tummy the results cames back saying i have gas in my bile duct so i had to have a ct scan,so i am hoping whats wrong in my right side willbe found in the ct scan after 6 years of being sore and with pain ,maybe being in a diffrent place and another ultrasound maybe going to find why i am sore and with pain ,if i had some medication like i had before i would vomiting has well so i stay away from those medication Celebrex,Nurofen plus and Panadeine Forte ,anything thats got codeine in it

The topic ‘Ongoing Complications (1000+)’ is closed to new replies.