Ongoing Complications (1000+)

I had my gallbladder removed, 05/20. On 05/27, I was back in ER with excruciating pain, called 9-1-1, couldn’t move! I was admitted on that day but not until 05/31!! did they, through x-rays, HIDA scans, etc., find out WHAT was the cause of my pain, taking Dilaudid and morphine every 2 hours, and found that my common bile duct had been “nicked”, soooo on 06/01, they did an ERCP, put a stent to stop the bile leakage onto my liver, and then discharged on 06/07!! OMG…gallbladder removal was to be a simple procedure???!!! I think not!

I had my gall bladder removed about 7 months ago and I have some problems with acid reflux and diarrhea after eating. Especially dairy or heavy foods, but I eat them anyway on accasion. I just recently got my appetite back. After the surgery, it was as if my stomach had shrunk. I lost 10 pounds. Now I just suffer with the frequent restroom breaks and terrible indigestion. Thats the part i dislike. It feels as if I’m having gall bladder attacks, but there isn’t a gall bladder there.

I had my gall bladder out in 1997 and still to this day I shit yellow food coloring like liquid about a hundred times a day. After my son was born, it all happened. Pain, ER, then surgery. No one told me that the I’d be best friends with every porcelin throne known to man afterwards. Not only did I have agonizing pain after the surgery for almost a year resembling the same attacks, but I couldn’t finish a meal without sweating and painting the bowl a nice canary yellow. It is many years later, and every time I get sick with an intestinal bug, I have a phantom gall bladder attack on top of it all. I’m glad it’s gone but the BS that went with it wasn’t that fun. To all thinking of the surgery, it pretty much has to be done so just find a good doctor who is honest and take care of yourself

I literally had my gallbladder removed this morning and the aftercare paper they sent home said to avoid alcohol for 24 hours! I was shocked…now I’m paranoid to drink after reading all these people’s stories 🙁

I had my GB removed 9 years ago with the same symptoms. I have had nausea most of the time. Recently I was scoped,diagnosis was mild gastritis Dr. put me on different acid reducer meds. it made it worse. I’ve tried every digestive enzyme on the market it dose not work. If you find a remedy. Please e. mail me! Mark

I had my gallbladder removed in 2002 and wish everyday that there were a way to put it back in. since i had it removed, the pains are unbearable. i have the same pains as i did when i had gallstones. the pain under my rib and shoulder blade is still there. when i sit i actually have to lean to my left, i cant sit straight up or i feel like something is jabbing at my rib (almost like when i was pregnant and the baby was kicking my ribs) when i lean forward to pick something up off the ground it also feels like something is stuck there at my ribs. i have constant heartburn now which i never had before the surgery ,so now i have GERD. before the surgery i only had 1 attack a year. i would prefer that 1 attack to the everyday chronic pains.i am only 30, i dont wish to feel these pains for the rest of my life. they did a ultrasound and said they didnt see any reason for the pains. they said it was probably just scar tissue, but this is ridiculous. surgeon said i would feel like a brand new person after having it removed. yeah a brand new person is right.one in pain everyday instead of once a year. plus since i had the gallbladder removed i have steadily put on weight , about 40 pounds. that there is no reason for. i am an active person, was a gymanst. excercise, eat pretty good. i never liked junk food so that isnt an issue.the dr said something about fat and cholesterol not breaking down correctly after removal of GB. what do i do? does anyone else have this problem. is there a way to rid myself of these pains, since putting it back in isnt an option.

1Hello! sir/ madam, i too had gall bladder surgery, in june,2009 and i am experiencing the same symptoms, pain in ribs and back right side, sometimes is not so much hurting pain, but more like pressure, i cant sleep on that side and not too much excerise.I did went back to the surgeon, i was sent to the othopedic, did some therpy, use warm compress,it go away for a moment and came back. I hope with your research we will find some answers, and can be help, this pain is anoying,.

I too had a gall bladder removed and the clip to the liver duct had come loose and I spent 3 days telling the doctors something was wrong, finally I went to the emergency room and refused to leave until I was checked totally out. THey found the clip and fixed it but I spent 10 days in ICU and 5 of these days I do not remember, after the fact they told me I almost died from the infection. I feel that more people need to respond to this and just see how many people this happens too.

OMG!! I also used to have awesome abs, and was always a size 4-5 before my surgery over 3 years ago. I’ve gained about 30 lbs, and my mom is convinced I’m dying of liver disease because my stomach is so bloated. I am sooo relieved I’m not the only one, except that I would love a solution. Unerlying mesh?? Damn, that’s serious, but I guess I’d consider it because I’d like to have my body back. My sister is several months pregnant, and keeps pointing out that I’m still bigger than her. Not that I’m extremely concerned about appearance, but I feel really out of shape and tired as well.

Hi, I just had my GB out 5 weeks ago. I had no pain at all before the surgery and found out about the stone when I went in for a Cat scan for another issue. The day I came home for surgery I had this pain on my right side and thought of course it was from the surgery, then about a week later I called the dr and was told they put CO2 in you and that will go away after my body passes it. OK, 5 weeks later I still have pain under my right rib. Some days are better then others. But to breathe in really hurts sometimes. This just sucks. I have never been sick before this. I will keep looking on the web but I am staying away from Dr’s. All of the post have helped me in that I know it’s not all in my head. Thanks

i would like to know if there is a list of foods one can eat and cannot and if smoking and drinking two weeks after is plenty of time. i’m only 25 years old and i do not know what to do . also i had my removal in mexico by accident with no choice of coming to the states. so if any one has any suggestions please post some. thank you very much. jesse

“My wife had her gallbladder out and had these exact attacks for almost six months. No one could figure it out and many people seemed to think she was crazy. I knew she was not as I would see doubled over in agonizing pain for 30 minutes at a time every few weeks. We had used a great acupuncturist who had helped us get pregnant. She went to see him and hediagnosed her with costal costochondritis at the chondrosternal joints. Costochondritis is inflammationof the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. The condition causes localized chest wall pain and tenderness that you can reproduce by pushing on the involved cartilage in the front of the rib cage. He pushed this area when she went in and she screamed in pain like having an attack. I think pushing on her during the operation or maybe the incision effected this area and certain things trigger these attacks. Dr. Du has been treating this for the past 5 months and we have only had one attack since (1 month after the first treatment). It has been a God send. If you have questions or want to talk to me,

Our doctor is in Roswell, GA and his name is Tianlong Du. Dr. Du is the man. I’d like to help anyone who suffers these terrible attacks so if you want a quick phone call, I’m glad to call you to discuss. Best of luck!”

I had my gallbladder removed in 07, after some test revealed it wasn’t working. I drink alcohol and sometimes up to a case of beer. My gallbladder or where my gallbladder once was does cause minor pain like a constant cramp in that area after heavy drinking. Other than that I can eat almost anything I want, however I do have cramps(the only way to describe the feeling) in my gallbladder area sometimes. I exercise frequenlty though. I might go back to the doctor and check if one of the staples came out.

HI THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM POSTING AND I AM READING SOME VERY SIMILAR THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED TO ME AFTER GALLBLADDER REMOVAL. I DO HAVE DIAHRREA MOST OFTEN, ALTHOUGH I ALWAYS HAD A SLOW SYSTEM SO THIS IS BETTER FOR ME. WHEN I GOT MY GB OUT I WAS PRE MENOPAUSAL GOING THROUGH IT. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN OVERWEIGHT, HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE GYM AND I WAS DOING QUITE WELL, HOWEVER NOW 3 YEARS AFTER THE SURGERY MY BODY SHAPE CHANGED FOR THE WORSE. I DO NOT WEIGH MYSELF BECAUSE IT IS DEPRESSING TO ME AND I WILL NOT CONTINUE THE GYM; I FOUND THOUGH THAT I GAINED UPPER WEIGHT AROUND MY STOMACH AREA THAT I DID NOT HAVE AND I HAVE A BEHIND SO NOW IT IS BIG IN FRONT AND THE BACK LIKE A DUCK!! IT IS SO DISCOURAGING. MY SIDES – THE MUSCLES HAVE GONE IN AND I HAVE LOST IN WIDTH BUT THE DEPTH IS HORRIBLE. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE. I DO NOT HAVE THE BEST DIET, BUT IT IS RIDICULOUS. CAN ANYONE SHARE? THANKS .

I had my gall bladder removed 1992, since then I noticed that my tolerance to animal fats got much reduced and causes me diarrhea. Very recently, just a few months ago, I discovered a new horrible food content, canola oil, that in any amount in the food I ate it causes a severe bout of watery diarrhea only a few minutes after meal. I nearly stopped eating outdoors for that.

The topic ‘Ongoing Complications (1000+)’ is closed to new replies.