I had my gallbladder removed in Aug 2006 and one month later I had major pain attacks similar to gallstone attack but way more severe. After 3 emergency room visits in the middle of the night, screaming in pain, vomiting yellow/green bile and 2 weeks of incredible pain, it was finally determined it was Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (S.O.D.D) which is a possible complication after having your gallbladder removed. http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/gastrointestinal_tract_disorders/hic-sphincter-of-oddi-dysfunction.aspx Basically it means the common bile duct muscle stopped working and digestive juices back up and causes incredible pain and eventually vomiting if it has closed completely. Many of having pain in the same area as the gallbladder may need to have this looked at as a possible problem. It’s very common after removing the gall bladder. The repair to fix it was an ERCP procedure where they do a scope and clip the muscle to allow it to open, of course there is a risk of pancreatitis after the proecedure so my doctor put in a stent in the pancreatic duct to reduce the 20% risk to 7%. The procedure was immediately successful and I felt better right away. Flash forward a year after that, 2007, I started getting pain on the upper left side under the rib cage, exactly opposite side of the gallbladder pain. Back to the doctors and they did a MRCP MRI and a scope and didn’t find anything wrong. Put me on Nexium for 3 yrs and now Zantac but I still have the pain. I went to a naturopathic doctor who says it’s likelyy scar tissue that has latched onto my intestine and is causing intestinal spasms since the bowels can’t move properly. Massage on the abdomen, low acid diet, low fat diet, small meals, castor oil packs and colonics all seem to help with the pain. Don’t like the idea of surgery to remove scar tissue to then cause more scar tissue. If anyone has done that and had success, please let us know.