“I had my gallbladder out in 1999 at the age of 36. I had been having severe symptoms for a several years prior to that. I had the gallbladder attacks a few times a year (severe chest,back pain around rib cage) . The symptoms that I had daily were constant nausea (Like having morning sickness every day all day) I would wake up in the mornings dry heaving.
There were no gallstones, my gallbladder just wasn’t working right. For a looong time my doctor thought I was just depressed. I knew better. Especially when my brother found out his gallbladder was the problem to his symptoms .As soon as I told him my symptoms, he said GALLBLADDER.
I took that info to my doctor, who was still skeptical. She ordered the pipida (sp?) test and it showed a decrease in output. But she still wasn’t convinced.
After a couple more months I finally asked for a referral to a surgeon. He removed my gallbladder and said that is was so full of scar tissue that it should have been removed years ago. Unfortuantly I gained 20 lbs in 2 months because I could finally eat. No more nausea , or dry heaving. I felt wonderful.
Prior to the surgery, I never had heartburn/gerd. Just the constant naseau/dry heaving.
I have heartburn/gerd NOW since the surgery. It started about 2 years ago.
Dispite treatment of nexium, prilosic, protonix etc.. it’s not improving.
I’m looking for anything that will help”