“I appreciate everyone sharing their sometimes private and painful gall bladder stories. I am 41 and had mine out August of 1999, so it has been 16 months. I have had urgency and diarhea problems, but not really severe. I take colon cleanse fiber capsules every day, and eat a lot of small meals. That seems to help. However, 6 months AFTER my surgery, I started having pain in the gallbladder site like a GB attack. I have had another GB ultrasound, and there are no abnormalities in the area, the metal clips are in there, and no stones were left behind in the duct. I also have been diagnosed with GERD, which I have never had before, no doubt a result of GB removal. The acid has been so bad that it would awaken me from sleep if I hadn’t taken my Zantac at night. My throat at the adams apple area started hurting so bad like I had been kicked there. It was just the acid. I sleep with my chest/head up on an angle now, and take Prilosec or Zantac.
I suppose the must frustrating thing for me and for so many of you here, is that the doctor never mentioned any of these things, or what to expect or maybe look for afterward. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me because of the pain in my GB area, and I had no idea that my sore throat was acid!! My mother (65) had her GB out this year. My sister (45) had hers out at 40. They both continue on a diet of Zantac and Prilosec.