I totally agree that some people have gallbladder surgery and have a great life afterward. I’m not saying that this isn’t possible, but for the rest of us who aren’t so lucky, we live with this pain and the complications. Within a week I was back in the surgeons office with the same pain as I had before the surgery. He was clueless!! And I’ve basically had the same pain ever since. It’s been 15 years now so I’m thinking maybe there was something else going on besides the gallbladder. How many people get pancreatitis after an ERCP that your doctor orders for you, and trust me, you do not want that! You would think after a simple test you would come out the same as you went in but so many people endure this not so lovely illness as a side affect. I’m done with doctors. The pain and symptoms are a part of my everyday living and I go from day to day and go by how I feel but I still work full time and take care of my family, but I also endure this crap as well and somedays I feel wiped out but I still go on because this isn’t going to get the better of me. After awhile you can live with the pain or you get so used to it, it becomes a part of you and you deal with it!! But after that being said kudos to all the people who have the surgery and feel great afterwards and have no problems but be well rest assured there are a few of us out there that do not fare so well. It’s amazing how many people have this pain but have no answers from their doctors. Oh and don’t worry about my hubby, he’s outta here!!! I think we post on these forums to prove this pain exists and we want answers as to why and if you need this type of venue then that’s what they are here for!! I’m glad you are feeling great!!!! I hope you stay that way and don’t have any more problems!! Take care!