After years of problems my Doctor encouraged me to have my Gall Bladder removed which he said would solve my probems. I did that and for a few months things seemed to go well. However one day all the pain started coming back. I was so devasted and sad. I approached my Gastrologist and he said there was no way it could be Gall Bladder related as they also clear the ducts during surgery to make sure there are no obstructions. I was put on Nexium , Carafate with no relief. One day I had excruciating pain and rushed to ER. An Ultrasound detected something and they did an ERCP to check the bile ducts. They found a large stone embedded in the duct that was infected and the infection had backed up in my liver and pancrease. They removed the stone, put me on Levaquin which I was on for about three months. It took the better part of a year for me to recover but I am doing very well now. The Doctor that removed the Gall Bladder laprascopally said he didn’t check out the ducts because the Gall Bladder was so bad nothing could have been relased by it. The Ultrasound and ERCP found my problem And My good Doctor corrected the problem. This is just my experience, don’t know if it will help anyone, but I do know sometimes Doctors can overlook things. I didn’t blame my surgeon, he fixed an abdominal hernia at the same time and did a very good job. I am doing real well now.