“I guess I’m just looking for some comfort. I had my gallbladder removed on October 28 along with emergency ERCP to removed stone in common duct. Well, ever since, I’ve had burning sensation floating thru my chest, sometimes in stomach, sometimes on my back. Never goes away. I’ve been on Pepcid (worked for a week), Prilosec, Prevacid – also sucralfate and reglan. Nothing helps! Losing my mind – it’s like toothpaste or Vicks has exploded inside me. Drs seem fairly sympathetic, but I have to wait almost a week for my next appt. In the meantime I’m on Prevacid and reglan (doing nothing). Burning waxes and wanes at times, but mostly is pretty bad. I wake up with it, and it usually is very bad by evening – eating healthy, low-fat for the most part, not a ton of food. Anyone have similar problem? (I have no other complaints). My gastro dr said it’s not uncommon to have stones 10 years after gall bladder removal. So we never get rid of this misery I guess. I’m almost at the point where I think they missed a stone (s) – today I started having gnawing stomach ache – like I did before I had my gall bladder out!

Did you have the burning sensation before your ERCP or did it start after? I was told that because they are “”mucking around”” inside it kind of messes things up in our systems and takes a while to get back to normal. Supposedly the Previcid, etc. will “”heal”” it. I’m also starting to think hiatal hernias are common too, but I don’t know what they can really do for it other than try different medications.

This is so hopeless – as the days go on I feel worse with more symptoms!”