I have been having pain in my upper right side that radiates to my back. I am very tender in the area. I have been having this pain for about 2 months. I have had blood tests, xrays, ct scan, colonoscopy and endoscopy, all of which have been normal. I had my gallbladder removed about 4 years ago. I finally went to my gynecologist because in the past I have had problems with a cyst on my right ovary. I just want to know what is causing this pain and I want a solution. He is the one that mentioned that it could be scar tissue from my gallbladder surgery. I am taking about 8 vicodin just to get through the day. It sounds like a lot of you on here are having the same problems and that it could be scar tissue. I am just afraid to have surgery and it won’t work. Has anyone had surgery to remove the scar tissue and it was a success? I am having an ultrasound on Tuesday. I don’t see my doctor again until Sept. 5th. All I keep reading is how serious abdominal pain is and you should see your dr right away. They sure don’t seem to act like it is serious and they try to make you think it is all in your head.