“I am 46 years old and had my gallbladder removed in 1971 when I was 17 years old. The surgery was done the old fashioned way and the recovery process was slow and very painful. But nothing to the pain and agony I went through till I had surgery. I too have had episodes of the Dumping Syndrome ever since. But my doctors told me it had to do with the digestion process and the absence of the gallbladder which was a bile producing organ. Bile is necessary in digestion.

I finally was diagnosed with IBS and I do have some food allergies. I have found if I delay my first meal of the day and eat sparingly at that first meal I do better through out the rest of the day. Believe it or not the product that will calm my stomach and settle me down best is Pepto Bismal. I have been prescribed many RX’s over the years… Imodium helped too.

In the beginning it was much worse than now. (Being pregnant was the worst I ever had the diarrhea, I was hoping for constipation like the rest of my friends.) Now I go weeks or months with pretty much a normal approach to BMs. But stress can wreak havoc on me, and once I start having episodes, it takes time to settle back down. It is something I have learned to live with and tolerate. ”