I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago, when I was 16. It took the doctors a long time to figure out what was wrong with me but after the surgery I have had no more pain like I was having. I have gained a lot of weight since the surgery, which is unfortunate. I have found that when I eat fatty, greasy or fried foods that I get very sick afterwords. I have bile-salt diarrhea as a result of my cholestectomy after pretty much every meal I eat that is not low in fat. I have gotten used to the diet change, as I really never ate much in the way of food like that before anyway. Its a lifestyle change, but it is nothing compared to the pain I used to have. Taking fiber supplements will help if you are having troubles with diarrhea although they really do not stop those times when you may splurg and have a meal of fried food and need to be in the bathroom about 20 mins after you eat or else. Like I said. 6 years down the road and I still have problems with the diarrhea but it is managable. I know when I should and should not eat the yummy fried food our society has come to enjoy, and I know when I can and when I cannot go out after I eat. You learn to read the signals your body gives you.