“Hello everyone,
My name is emily. I had gallbladder surgery on the 2nd of July. I was 20 weeks pregnant and had been vomitting for 5 months. I also have hyperemisis which is severe morning sickness, my doctor had prescribed me every anti-nausea medicine she could think of, and I had little success. I was hospitalized many times for dehydration and once when I was in they did an ultrasound to find that I had gallstones, I decided to wait and see if I would get any better on my own and if I didn’t I would have the surgery.. Well the vomitting continued as well as severe back pain so I decided to do the surgery. So I went in on the 2nd thinking afterwards I would feel alot better and would not vomit anymore. Here I am 22 weeks pregnant feeling awful, my main concern is I’m not going to feel well enough to push my baby in November. I have sharp pain where my gallbladder used to be, fevers ranging from 99 to 104, terrible shoulder and neck pain, constipation, pain at all incisions, nausea, no appetite. I know this can’t be good for my baby, but I don’t know what to do, My surgeon has had me try 3 different pain meds and they all make me throw up. Does anyone have any advice?