“Issues, Issues.

I was told nothing about the new post-op joys I would experience after gallbladder removal. I don’t get this. Do all doctors simply lack the ability to speak? All I was told was that I would be back to eating normal food in 2 weeks and everything would be Otay, Buckwheat!

Oh, it’s great waking up at 4:30am with a stomach that hurts so bad the pain reaches into the center of my back. And there is nothing I can do to get comfortable in any way that would permit me to fall asleep again. It typically lasts for an hour then goes away but doesn’t seem to be consistent with anything I ate for dinner; completely random.

Sometimes when I eat, my stomach feels like someone just opened it up and dropped in a brick. I am generally good with pain but the stomach is the worst.

So what could this be? I regret having the surgery; I was talked into it. I presented no symptoms but after having a routine abdominal ultrasound, they saw what they thought was a mass on the inside wall of the gallbladder and the report stated that it might be malignant.

My PCP’s hair was on fire and told me it looked really bad and if the mass protruded beyond the wall of the gallbladder I would be dead. Great bedside manner! I saw the surgeon on Thursday and had it removed that Saturday.

Well, there was no mass, just a small cluster of stones stuck to the wall of the GB causing no harm whatsoever.

Then it made sense to me. I had an ultrasound 10 years prior and they identified this mass as a Polyp. OK, so now I am thinking that the first scan report was inaccurate because they never discovered a Polyp in the second scan, and these things don’t just go away so it was all just the same thing.

Had I been able to connect the dots, I would have avoided the surgery. Heck, my mother is 80 and she has gallstones and is doing fine.

It’s funny. I was in sort of a fuzzy state after the surgery and wasn’t in recovery yet and I overheard one male say to another “”It’s a good thing you caught that mistake.””

I was too drowsy to open my eyes but I know what I heard. It was the only thing I heard. What’s up with that? And what do I do now?”