“I had mine out 5 weeks ago. I had no symptoms prior to this until one morning I left my house on a business trip. While driving 30 minutes, I started feeling pain in my upper ribs. Being a male, I blew it off. I then started getting a pain in my gut on the upper right side about another 30 minutes later. Again, being a stubborn male, I blew it off thinking it would go away. Now about an hour later I’m getting bad pains in my gut and a horrific stabbing pain below my right shoulder blade and feeling really bad and unbelievable pain! Next I found myself in the back of an ambulance being pumped full of morphine on the way to the hospital where they determined my gallbladder was shot and I needed surgery. When the doc cut me open (not laparoscopic) and touched my gallbladder he said it ruptured and was one of the worst he’s seen. I spent 4 days in the hospital and was released.

Since then, I feel like someone punched me in the right upper ribs, belching a lot, and have this constant bloating feeling. BM’s are a c**p shoot 😉 where sometime I have to go almost immediately and other times not for 2 days. Doctor said it could take up to 6 months to get back to somewhat normal. I can deal with that for the most part but the soreness on my right side in a “”real pain”””