“Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction
Hang in there. I’m 46, had my gallbladder out in 1998, stones had crystllized. A few months later, pain returned and I waited too long to see the gi. It was sod which made my liver toxic from backed up toxins. Lupus came up, autoimmune hepatitis too but everyone stopped looking after the sod was fixed with ercp #1. 2 years later pain returned, ercp done immediately, but I got pancreatitis afterwards. 3rd time: same as #2, repeat er visit and hospitalization for pancreatitis. I was pain free for almost 1 year and a half. Now it’s back. Throughout all these years, sle (lupus) symptoms come and go, including positive bloodwork. I now feel that lupus might be causing the sod, liver, pancreas problems. I am waiting for rheumatologist referral but am seeing the gi dr in 4 days in the mean time. If I do have lupus it makes sense to treat the cause not the symptom. How many ercp’s can be done on me before a potentially fatal result? Gi docs dont know the answer but are concerned. Good luck, get 2nd opinions and dont let them tell you, “”it’s in your head!”” ”