“I have been going thru this for 3 years now. There are a some things I have found, thru trial and error, that cause alot of pain: Eating fresh fruits or vegetables on an empty stomach, Over eating, Eating gassy foods, such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower. For example: I cannot eat bananas, Bananas will make me sick for 5-6 hours and nothing helps the pain. So this is what my gastroenterologist has told me to do.

Eat several small meals in a day

Avoid eating fresh fruits and vegetables on an empty stomach. I do eat them, but a very small amount, just to take my cravings away.

I have found canned peaches and some cooked vegetables do not bother me, but eating only a very small amount. Yogurt is a very good to put back good bacteria in the intestinal tract.

And last, but not least, my gastroenterologist gave me a pain patch. It is a sticky patch that you can cut to any size and I put it near my incision and it takes the pain away.

I have had to learn the hard way over the last 3 years, I hope that what I have learned will help your mother-in-law and anyone who is going thru this.

Take care, Lisa