“I had my gallbladder out in April of 2005, and from time to time after surgery, pain that is similar to what many of you have described crops up. Only problem is, it seems to be happening with more frequency and I’m not sure why.

Perhaps it’s diet – I understood that after surgery, I was supposed to cut down on spicy, tomatoey-stuff, and foods with alot of fat, etc….However, more recently I’ve been diagnosed with diabetes and was told to cut back on carbs and sugar.

So, in my efforts to limit carbs I’ve been eating more meat, some of which isn’t as lean as it should be. Maybe this has something to do with the increased pain? It’s in my upper-right abdomen and it feels like my gallbladder grew back and is full of stones. Eating sometimes makes it better, or sometimes makes it worse, and I have IBS too. For the past couple of days I’ve been having constipation and diarrhea off and on, and once my stool (sorry if this is too gross) was kind of greenish-brown.

I’m not running a fever, nor am I throwing up, but my upper-right abdomen seems just a tad swollen. I have to see my endocrinologist next week about diabetic blood tests I had a few days ago and am hoping he can shed some light on what’s going on. ”