“I had my gallbladder removed on March 31, 2009 (a year and a half ago) and I struggle with lots of problems. The number one problem is my weight gain. I have gained about 20lbs since the surgery. I am very active and I eat a low fat, healthy diet. I eat all natural and organic foods. The weight that I have gained is in my stomach. I have NEVER had belly fat before and it is very upsetting. I am up three sizes in my pants and my waist is up to 32 inches.
I also am having problems with my disgestive system. It seems like almost everything I eat goes right through me. I have diarrhea, stomach pains and cramping, and sometimes vomitting. I have had a colonosocopy and an upper endoscopy but the doctor did not see anything abnormal. He is making it seem like the removal of my gallbladder has nothing to do with these problems. However, they started after the surgery.
Also, my energy level is very low. I feel tired all the time. I am only 30 years old and do not have kids but I have trouble staying awake during the day. I am not sure if this is related to the lack of my gallbladder or not.
Oh wait, I’m not done yet, since the surgery I have also developed acid reflux, and breathing problems that could be asthma. I am on advair. I have trouble walking up steps, running, and long distant walks. It is a terrible feeling when I have to ask my boyfriend to slow up or take a break with me when we are walking. This could be contributed to my 20lb weight gain.
In conclusion, I wish I could find help. I want my old life back again. I wish I never had my gallbladder removed. It was the worse decision of my life. I should have dealt with the pain of my diseased gallbladder. Maybe that would have gone away, not like these problems that seem like they are lifelong. 🙁