“You can add me to the list of people experiencing problems after having their gallbladder removed. Mine was taken out in December ’09 so it’s been 2 months and I’m experiencing some of the same symptoms I had before plus a few new ones. Went back to the doctor a couple weeks ago and he diagnosed me with a hiatal hernia and acid reflux based on symptoms alone. I’ve been taking Carafate 4 times a day as well as Prilosec for the past couple weeks. Had no improvement at all, in fact felt a little worse so my doctor prescribed Nexium. Only been on it for a couple days so nothing yet, I know it takes time. If it’s not improving in the next week or so he wants to schedule an upper endoscopy.

I’m currently experiencing a dull ache around the breast bone area and my stomach is tender to the touch from there down to my belly button. Also having issues with burping, bloating, right side tenderness, a feeling of tightness in my chest, as well as my back aching slightly.

I stupidly thought that all my problems would go away after I had my gallbladder removed. That was definitely not the case. Looks like I’m not alone as far as people having problems after gb surgery.”