I just found these messages by searching for gallbladder surgery complications. My gallbladder was removed on June 23, 2000. I had horrible pain as I was coming out of anesthesia. It was right in the middle of my abdomen. It hurt so badly that I started holding my breath, which helped, and sounds silly, but then I set off the monitors that were hooked up to me. They just kept giving me more pain meds, and within the hour I was reluctantly walking out of the surgery center. At home, I yelled in pain every time I had to get out of bed. For three days, this continued and during that time I could only sleep on my left side and propped up. A few days later I felt fine, except for some pain twinges that reminded me that I was recovering from a surgical procedure. I was fine until the middle of August. I even drove myself 1700 miles to CO and the same distance home again. Then I found out that my husband had prostate cancer, and I began to live with stress on a day to day basis. At that time, the bowel changes began. Three and four times a day. Soft stools became diarrhea, and back to soft stools, and then to diarrhea. My pains in the gallbladder area became worse. Now it is November, and I have had tests for parasites and an ultrasound of my upper right quadrant. Everything was negative. Just last week I visted an organic farm and health food store, and purchased acidophilus capsules. I take two a day as per instructions, and I am happy to report that my stools returned to normal the day after the first dosage, and I am practically pain free. Coincidence? I hope not. For now, I feel normal again. I am only on my fourth day of the capsules. There were several choices and I picked one called Kyo-Dophilus. It contains L. Acidophilus, B. Bifidum and B. Longum. I take no other medications and I will be 65 in April.