I am so relieved to read all these stories of people who have had Gallbladder surgery and still have pain in the upper right side. I had my Gallbladder removed in 1992 and I have flair ups with this pain that sometimes gets sharp. The pain comes and goes and radiates to my back and sometimes up into my shoulder. The reason my Gallbladder was removed was because it was dead…non functioning and I had the Laproscopic Surgery. I’ve had Endoscopies, Colonoscopies, and about a year ago, had a series of 3 Cat Scans on my Liver and Pancreas with Contrast not to mention blood work. The only thing that showed up was that I have scar tissue where my Gallbladder was and cysts on my Liver which are non cancerous. I was told that probably the scar tissue is what’s causing my pain. It’s horrible to be in this kind of pain and have to live with it. So at least I know that I’m not alone and that other people are going through this same pain from having their Gallbladder removed. So glad I’m not imagining this pain!