I have to tell you that I am very tired of having to explain to the medical community when asked… WHY I take Questran??? That medicine has vastly improved the quality of my life!!! I had my gall bladder out in 1991. Only five days after my surgery… it hit! I would not even get the last few bites of my meal down, and the terrible cramps would start. Then I would end up in the bathroom with horrible diarrhea. After the awful pain, sweats, and wiped out feeling… all I wanted to do was lay down. I actually lived like that for two years… then finally after keeping a food diary and eating no or low fat diets, I went back to the doctor who did my surgery. He kindly told me… NO, I wasn’t crazy and explained about the build up of bile in the small intestines and… put me on Questran! A scoopful of this wonderful powder in a cup of water each morning an hour before I eat, and I am good for the day! If it were an illegal drug… I would go on the street to buy it. It has made that much of a difference in my life.