“Hi,
I’m sorry you’re having such a difficult time. I think there’s a few things that could help you. I would recommend taking digestive enzyme supplements with meals (you can get them at Whole Foods or any GNC)–check the label and make sure they have 5 different enzymes or more. Although your bile flows constantly now, it is much weaker so you need to add some additional enzymes to help with the bloating, gas and constipation. You’re constipated partly because the food isn’t breaking down enough in your upper GI tract. Eat more roughage in the form of fruits and vegetables to help keep the food moving though. Chew Lots to break the food down as much as you can!!! Don’t drink anything (water include) while you eat, it dilutes your enzymes. Avoid processed wheat and dairy, they are very hard to digest and they will constipate you–they’re like glue in your system. Some people get alot of help from bile salt supplements also.

In regard to your brittle hair, this is a sign that you’re not absorbing essential fatty acids well (on the inside). This is common with weaker bile flow. You’ll need to OVER-supplement EFA’s in the form of fish oil, flax seed/oil and/or hemp. Eat lots of salmon too. For sure take fish oil capsules or liquid everyday. This is really important, the brittle hair is just the first sign of malabsorption. If it persists you will begin to feel lethargic and have reduced focus and concentration. One thing I do in the morning that has helped alot is I make a fruit smoothie every morning with flax, coconut or hemp oil and I add 1-2T of soy lecithin (also at GNC or Whole Foods). Soy lecithin is a fat emulsifier, it will help your body absorb the essential fatty acids in the oil.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!!”