“Before the surgery my nan was an active woman and run a market stall twice a week, she is popular and was great and loving.
She went in for surgery and was told it was day surgery, she went home for 9 days when my mum said to the doctor i want her to have a check up NOW because he kept puttin her off and saying that she was only taking longer to recover because she was old.
My nan was then rushed to hospital when the paramedics were called out by the doctor, she had scans and they said that it must be leaking by the clip. 3 days after she was sent to hospital a tube was put in and they removed 13 and a half bags of bile from her stomach, because they had left her so long 🙁 we were all worried because we all love her sooo much, she has 2 children, 8 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild and another on the way. we didnt trust the RoyalBerks Hospital so she was transfered to John Radcliff hospital where the second surgery was formed, they corrected everything and the surgeon told us that not only had rbh sethered the bile duct but they had taken a chunk out of it. The surgeon confessed that this was all due to a mistake in the 1st surgery.
she cant walk now and she looks so old, and frail, during her 2 MONTHS in hospital she has lost 4 stone and has gone from a size 22 to a size 14 or 16. she has a lovely husband who cares for her and loves her is so worried, they have been married for 52 years and he said that he will top himself if anything bad happens to her, he is mentally ill and we are having to drive 1mile twice a day to make sure he is ok. i ride up after school which takes about 30mins and i stay with him for 3 hours so that he’s not alone.
she is now recovering in a local hospital and is focussing on trying to menovre, she is still struggling to walk even getting out of bed and getting dressed is a great leap of success to her.
she is still in hospital and we are sueing rbh for negligence and for lying to us and saying everythings fine when it wasnt. im only 14 and it is all a lot for me to take in, how long did it take you to get back on your feet?”