LK
December 13, 2015
Hi I’m new to this group so thanks for adding me. I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago and it has been difficult ever since. I suffer from alot of things and haven’t been diagnosed with anything yet but I am trying to change that. First I have an appointment to see a dietitian, so we can discuss any allergies or deficiencies that might be present.
But in saying that, I have a feeling that i could have BAM ( bile acid malabsorption). As my bowel movements are painful and frequent. I have constant gut pain, sore joints, bloating, diarrhea, gas, headaches, swelling, arthritis in my wrist, back pain and the list goes on.
I just wanted to ask if there is anyone experiencing this and if so what has been prescribed? How did your doctor test for it? My doctor hasn’t done anything but a blood test and told me that I’m deficient in Omega 3 fatty acids. So that might be an indication too?
Honestly, I don’t know, I’m not a doctor but I need to find answers. How do I make my doctor take me seriously? And do more tests?
Also who has Chrons? And or IBD And is there a link between this?
I just need some answers please.
TIA.

Update:
I just compiled a document to give to my doctor so he can take me more seriously. He only treats one thing at a time and it’s really starting to piss me off. So hopefully this will make him realize that I’m not just making shit up and i need to be referred to a gastroenterologist! Asap!
When to see a doctor

See your doctor if you experience a persistent change in your bowel habits or if you have any of the signs and symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease. Although inflammatory bowel disease usually isn’t fatal, it’s a serious disease that, in some cases, may cause life-threatening complications.

Signs and symptoms that are common to both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis include:

Diarrhea.
Diarrhea is a common problem for people with IBD.

Fever and fatigue. With low-grade fever.

You may also feel tired or have low energy.

Abdominal pain and cramping.

Inflammation and ulceration can affect the normal movement of contents through your digestive tract and may lead to pain and cramping.

You may also experience nausea and vomiting.

Reduced appetite.

Abdominal pain and cramping, as well as inflammation, can affect your appetite.

Arthritis and joint pain and weak bones.

Painful eyes and sensitive to sunlight.

Pain because of Gallstones removal.

Bile Acid Malabsorption

Red bumps on skin and in mouth

Breathing difficulty and lung problems Shortness of breath

Headaches, body aches, twitches, stabbing pain all over body.

Taking Bi polar meds Lamotrigine 100mg and recently ceased Citalopram 40mg.

Confusion, memory loss, weight gain due to taking Seroquel XR 50mg

Taking Pantoprazole 40mg for acid reflux but doesn’t help.

Also taking Neulactil 5mg. Does nothing.

Finally taking Propranolol 50mg daily as needed for anxiety.

I have gained weight due to taking Seroquel. I have ALL the symptoms mentioned above. I am dealing with this all the time at any given time. This is hurting me physically and emotionally and if effecting my quality of life. Please take me seriously. I need help.