I had gallbladder surgery in October 2003. I have had problems ever since. I was wondering if anyone has some input to what this might be. Frequently I have been waking up with a really bad stomach ache in the early morning. Usually between 5 and 8 am. This has happened about 5 or 6 times since the surgery. It usually only lasts about 10 to 15 minutes and leaves as quickly as it comes. I take gaviscon to relieve the pain, which helps for the most part. On Saturday I woke up with the pain, but it continued to last all day. I was at work and the pain was so excruciating, I was almost in tears. I feel it at the top of my abdomen moreso on the right side where my gallbladder was. It’s a very sharp, sometimes stabbing pain. Sometimes it feels like a tight belt across my abdomen and it goes around my right side into my back. It has felt achy for the past two days after that bad attack. It’s not too bad when I eat but after a couple hours I get it again. I don’t know if it could be an ulcer… or possibly hiatal hernia or gastritis. It does feel swollen on the top right side and it is tender to the touch. It has been tender to the touch ever since my surgery. I have been to the doctor and she thinks it was muscle inflammation but also suggested an ulcer or gastritis. I also get this cold sensation when I drink something cold. I can feel it go down and then sometimes go to the right where my gb used to be. Sometimes I don’t drink anything and I just get this cold sensation in that area and down my right side. This really scares me. I do belch ALOT. Constantly! I have been having alot of loose stool movement the past 3 days as well. Sometimes 4 or 5 a day. I am on medication for ulcers and gastritis. Acid reducer. It has not helped any.. other than the fact that I am not getting reflux anymore… Right now.. it just aches and is sore in that upper right area. I had an ultrasound and nothing showed up. I see a gastroenterologist next month but I don’t think I can wait that long. I have been waiting a long time for my stomach problems to end which I thought gb surgery would have. I don’t get pain after I eat or feel nauseated anymore, but I never had these problems before my surgery. My back always seems sore on the right side and it feels like the muscle is tight and it feels good when I rub it and next to the top incision site has always been sore. I don’t know what to do. I have also had really bad gas for the past 3 days. Has anyone experienced this? Or anything alike? I am getting really scared and can’t get to see the doctor until later in the week. Sorry for the long post. Can someone please offer ANY advice whatsoever? Thank you so much.