I had my GB out on September 9th. My incisions also looked great. I had the bandages on until I took a shower the next evening. I was told if I was just going to be at home and wearing loose clothing, that I didn’t have to re-bandage them, as the air would be good for them. I did have a suture come out of one of my incisions and returned to the doctor to have that cut out. I was told that the sutures would take weeks to dissolve. I was also told not to lift anything heavy for at least 6 weeks. Today marks 10 weeks since my surgery, and yes, I do still hurt on my right side. The doctor said it hurts more at night, because you breathe in air and it makes you feel bloated, therefore, hurting more. I do tend to hurt more at night, after eating all day. I am on low fat and high fiber, and still can’t eat the fatty, greasy foods. I had ice cream and suffered terribly. Each person is different, so I am not going to say this is how it will be for you. I don’t think you will rip anything, but you may hurt later. It may all depend on what you eat. You will find out what you can and can’t eat. I have been keeping a food diary, of everything I eat, and how much fiber I take in. Of course, most days I eat the same thing every day. I have heard that the pain will gradually go away, and I am still holding on to this hope. Take things slow, find out what you can and can’t eat, and don’t try anything out of the ordinary, because the pain is just not worth it! I have also discovered that I hurt so much more when I am on my period. I am assuming this is because of the water gain, bloating feeling, muscles contracting. I suffer terribly every month now, and I also hope this goes away with time. Good luck!