“Congrats to those that have had GB removal with no problems.

I had mine taken out in August of 2008. Afterward I felt great for a while since the constant pain was gone, but then started to have a lot of acid reflux and frequent burning stomach pains and diarrhea. My doctor put me on a generic Zantac 300mg that I take every night before I go to bed, and another medication called Colestid which is a large white pill that absorbs the bile that is just sitting in the small intestine all day. I started off having to take 2 pills 3 times a day but now I just take 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night and my stomach has been working better than ever before.

My only problems now are that I still get pains every now and then where my gall bladder used to be – sometimes all the way down the right side of my belly button to my inner thigh leading me to believe that my appendix is going to go out on me. But then it does away and there’s no problem, so who knows. My biggest concern is that since I recovered from the surgery and have gotten my stomach issues straightened out, my stomach has done nothing but get bigger. I have gained weight ONLY in my abdominal area for the last year. I’m 5’8 and am currently 173lbs and it looks like I’m 6 months pregnant. It’s affected my posture even, which has been rough lately because I also have 2 herniated discs in my back (one thoracic and one lumbar) and the extra weight sticking out is pulling on both. Before I found out about the disc problems, I tried all kinds of different things but had no luck. It’s like my body forgot how to digest things and just packs on fat to burn later for energy. I have really lowered my sugar intake to just natural fruits and the occasional soda/beer. I’ve also gone to eating a lot of chicken, vegetables, lean beef, and other healthy foods. I eat organic egg whites for breakfast instead of cereal. I’ve been eating better than I ever have in my life, and before my back problems took me away from working out, I was 45 days into the “”P90X”” workout program and had felt stronger than ever, but my gut just continued to grow. It’s unbearably frustrating. I have always been so skinny it’s been tough trying different things to eat right and maintain a healthy weight. I can’t afford to pay cash for cosmetic surgery or I would definitely do it just to give my body a head start so when my back is healed I can get back to working out and hopefully keep the weight off. Any suggestions? ”