“After reading all the above posts I feel better that I’m not the only one with problems. I had my gallbladder out a year and a half ago and at first all was fine. And then the diarrheahit. I’ve had it a few times and I noticed I can’t eat deep-fried fish and chips anymore. Luckily I can still enjoy my milk, but I think I might have to cut down a bit on that. And highly fatty meats makes me feel ill.

My problem was that a lot of times my diarrhea hit the same time as general stomach bugs were making the rounds, so I don’t know if I’m just more susceptible to those than before or if I just have horrible timing.

I have phantom pains in my side too, like the gallbladder is still in there and acting up. Now that is truly creepy on a whole new level!

I try to eat as healthy as I can. I try to get my fruits and veg in and keep it low-fat and keep the caffein low, but I still have problems. Are there any fruits that I should perhaps avoid? Does watermelon give anyone problems?

I guess it will just take some trial and error to figure out what I need to avoid and what I can eat.”