“Abigail,

You sound almost exactly like me. If you read a lot of the earlier posts on this very thread between Sophie and I you will see how much alike our symptoms are now and how it all started with a low functioning gallbladder. Even now, I GREATLY regret getting mine out. I would think your upper GI might have shown it but has your doctor talked about a gastric emptying study (GES) to rule out gastroparesis? The GES is the definative study for this. I wouldn’t wish gastroparesis on my worst enemy but although I have my bad moments I have some good days too and am learning to live with this. I was VERY depressed by all this at one time (especially when finding out I have what is most likely a permanent condition) but I am better now. Domperidone (Motillium) had done wonders for me. Don’t know what I would have done without it. It is not an easy drug to get here in the US as it is not FDA approved. Somehow some compounding pharmacies here still can can sell it and it is easily available through the internet. Ask your doctor. Good luck. ”