“hi, new here

had my gall bladder out 2 years ago. was very infected and yukky (apparently) and i was very ill at the time. onslaught was sudden though for most of my life id never digested fatty foods very well.

well. ive been reading around this topic and im bothered about something. i dont know if its phantom gall bladder feelings, adhesions or what it is, but i can ‘feel’ something under my ribs, where my gall bladder used to be. its like theres something there. theres no pain, no discomfort, though i am having occasional acid reflux, but rarely. it just feels odd. its been going on for a couple of months now.

as an experiment i went on a fast for two days, just water and fruit. the feeling went away or anyway reduced right down.

ive spoken to my doc and she just said, ‘oh well, sometimes people have discomfort’ – so no help there.

something else thats been happening is that ive been getting gurgling sensations around there and further down a sort of swollen, hardness that comes and goes. im kinda thinking that might just be irritation caused by bile excretions.

does anyone recognise this and can you please ease my mind. its really bugging me.”