Had cholecystectomy 7 years ago due to sludge and severe inflammation and infection. Never felt good since. In the last year, have felt so much worse, almost constant irritation/pain in the mid-section and constant, voluminous, very foul-smelling diarrhea and gas. Doctors felt it was PCS and I was given bile salts. They helped sometimes. Could not go anywhere since I needed to be near a bathroom as far away from people as possible. I was exhausted all the time, couldn’t sleep, and I was a nervous wreck. Last week, I decided to eliminate grains from my diet. Almost immediately, I felt better. The diarrhea is gone, so is the gas, as well and the pain/irritation. I feel 100% better. I had no idea that celiac could have caused the gallbladder problem in the first place. Now I read that many other things that I have probably are related to celiac disease. I have not been diagnosed with celiac disease. I have the genes that predispose me to it, but I don’t see any point getting tested since I will never eat grains again. I wish that the doctors would have made the connection years ago.