“Hi! I had my gallbladder out 10/29 – I’m so relieved to see that I’m not the only one feeling like I feel! Am not excited to see that some of you are having problems 2 years after! My gallbaldder quit functioning, no stones, and I still have pain. I actually had a perferated appendix, it ruptured during surgery in April and ever since then I haven’t felt the same. I gained 15 pounds – from breathing I guess since I’ve no appetite, get reflux after eating, feel bloated after eating, no energy, same things you all have expressed. I never had any problems eating anything prior to appendix being removed – that seems to have triggered the domino effect. It’s like my metabolism quit. I can eat chicken, baked or grilled on the Foreman, most vegetables, however those high in fiber seem to make me feel bloated no matter how little I eat (I love broccoli, but find I can’t eat it anymore for this reason). I have resorted to making a bland vegetable soup, using frozen brussel sprouts, green beans, fresh cabbage (only about 1/4 head), carrots, celery, red and green bell peppers and onions in low sodium chicken broth, and add cooked chicken as I heat it daily. I eat this everyday, one batch lasts all week. My husband thinks I’m nuts, but this is the only thing I can eat that doesn’t make me want to throw up or make me so bloated that I feel like I’m going to pop. I gave up soda pop when I had my appendix out, so I only drink water and tea. I started working out at the gym 5 times a week (have done this since August) to see if I could loose some of this weight I gained back in April. Weight hasn’t budged since April. None of my clothes fit! Am walking 30 minutes daily, plus resistance training at the gym. I was off work 1 week after GB surgery, still feel swollen in that area, incision sites are still itchy – guess they are still healing?? Had one follow up with the surgeon, he dismissed me after that visit, said I could resume regular diet any time but had to wait 4 weeks to get back into the gym. Sugar free jello or fat free pudding are treats and don’t seem to bother much. Have even tried massage therapy to see if that would get the toxins out of my system – may try that new foot bath that draws out the toxins and cleanses the organs. Will have to check into that.

Didn’t mean to ramble so much, just glad there are others out there, it’s comforting to know you’re not alone!”