“I was so happy to find this that I had to sign up to share my story; I will try to condense a novel into a short story. I had my gallbladder removed more than 5 years ago. Everything went fine, but like many of you here, I still experienced right upper quadrant pain. After many doctors, you just learn to live with it. Anyway, nearly 3 years after the surgery, I suddenly developed diarrehea and cramping that would not go away. I lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks! Many stool tests and antibiotics later, my physician referred me to a GI dr. Without any other tests, he put me on Questran and it has worked fine. I thought he was a miracle man! Well, all good things must come to an end. Along about Christmas, I began to notice that I could no longer tolerate dairy products; you just know once you develop a lactose intolerance! But, even despite cutting dairy out (I’ve switched to soy everything), I still have cramping or pain and gurgling, some heartburn from everything I eat or drink. Even water can put me on a burping/flatulence jag for quite awhile. I went back to my GI dr. who was less than enthusiastic and just said I would have these problems since I didn’t have a gallbladder. He just told me to increase the Questran, prilosec and zantac. Well, I’ve been doing that and still have the same symptoms.
I am now trying enzyme therapy along with acidolophus. I’ve quit taking my garlic supplements and had 2 pretty good days in a row. I will keep you all posted if my natural methods are successful. Would also welcome anyone’s advise. ”