“Hi fellow “”lack of gall bladder”” sufferers. The worst thing that has ever happened to my overall health was losing my gall bladder. “”You don’t need a gall bladder”” is all my doctor would say as I was doubled over in agony from the pain, all caused by the low fat diet I was on I was told.

Anyhow, just thought I would mention one thing that has helped my digestion enormously and calmed down my poor old liver since the operation (which was 6 years ago) is kefir. I spent years since the op with terrible gastric reflux, bloating and wind. Then I started getting pain in my liver (I tried a green smoothie, thinking it would be good for me, never again, my liver went into freak out mode!!!) Went to the doc, had a liver analysis, all came back fine. I had just ordered some milk kefir grains to try, so thought I’d give them a go. Since kefir is a natural probiotic, full of enzymes, I was optimistic. Now, 6 months later, I no longer have any pain, wind, bloating, reflux or problems with my digestion. I now make water kefir from water kefir grains as well and drink this instead of soft drink. I only wish I had discovered kefir before my gall bladder was removed, it could have helped my digestion enormously.”