Hello Fellow “Dumping” Buddies! You guys just don’t know (well…actually you probably do…) how happy I am to find others who are currently suffering from the “Dumping Syndrome” in varius degrees after they have had their gallbladder removed. I was beginning to think that I was the only one with this problem and it has had me worried. I am 27 and had never had any problems like this before I had gotten pregnant. I developed gall stones during pregnancy and I can honestly say that pain was worse than labor itself! I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy! Anyway, I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks after our son was born and since then I have been afflicted with this “dumping syndrome”, gas, and bloating. It will be 3 years this August that I have lived with this–some days it is worse then others. Just last week I went back to the doctor who performed the surgery to ask why this was happening. I was told that 98% of the people wh have this medical procedure done experience no problems, but that there is a 2% (andI guess that is all of us here) who do experience some form of problem. Now I have not had any more pains in my tummy that were like the attacks (thank goodness!) but this loose bowel stuff has got to go. The doctor took blood and stool samples to run scans on and I am supposed to meet with him in 3 weeks. During this time he has had me cut out my dairy products completely, though he said that a minimal amount of cheese was okay. From experience I have found that if I cut out a lot of my sugar, fat, caffine, and spicy food intake it does help. I know it is hard to give up your favorite foods, but it really does help with the problems. He also put me on a high fiber diet and wanted me to take Citracil—I couldn’t take that stuff when I was pregnant and I can’t stand it now so I think that I will try the Flax Seed Oil that Veronica mentioned above. I also drink LOTS of water. I keep hoping that my body will correct itself but I don’t know if that will happen. I, too, have had a fear of colon cancer but the doctor says not at my age. I have a paranoia of cancer as it is and would like to have a colonoscopy done as well as the test where you swallow that tube, but I am a little hesitant about those tests since the proding is just not natural as it is going in a body opening that is specifically meant for exiting! And the gagging during the other test—UHH! Can anyone tell me what those tests are like? Are they painful? My post may come across as being humorous in certain places, but that is the only way I can deal with all of these problems since they are really starting to get me down now. I just want to go back to being normal…..