“I had my gallbladder removed in March 1999. I had “”attacks”” that would last about 3-4 hours at a time for at least 9 years on and off. Finally that March, I had a severe attack that did not go away. After 36 hours of pain, I gave in to go to the hospital and they determined it was my gallbladder and removed it.

My surgeon told me that I would most likely have problems with diarrhea for a couple of months. That was an understatement!! I am still having these problems. At times it seems like it gets better but then it comes back like a bad dream. This is so embarrassing. I had to finally tell my husband after a bad experience of needing to go to the bathroom.

I know all of you have heard this before but I can understand and feel what you are going through. This is very frustrating. I live my life based on how close I will be to a bathroom.

Also I have gained weight since my surgery(about 15 pounds). I don’t understand this since I don’t seem to keep my food for very long why I would gain weight.

Thank you for all your information on here. I am going to try eating a lower fat diet and see if that helps. ”