“I, too, had my gallbladder out and had diarhea immediately after meals. I finally went to an internist who did an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Even after I had not eaten any foods and purged myself for the scope, I had large amounts of bile in the stomach and bowels during the scopes.

It never mattered what I ate to cause the urge. For me it happened as often as 3 times a week, prolonged for a couple of hours. Very difficult to eat out and travel to say the least. My social life was becoming a thing of the past.

The doctor put me on Questran, (someone else mentioned that above), and I have been worry-free for three weeks. I now believe that my gallbladder had been the source of my problem while it was in (for I have had rapid-bowel problems thoughnever diagnosed as such)since I was about 27 years old. I had it taken out when I was 51. Then it became almost impossible.

I put up with this for about two years before going to the internist. And on top of this, somewhere along the line I developed GERD. The result was a bile-stained esophagus that must have hidden the Barrett’s, because the internist didn’t realize I had it until the polyps he removed confirmed Barrett’s.

Barrett’s is very serious, and if you have GERD as well, please have an endoscopy done. You don’t want to end up with this potentially deadly disease that seems to be irreversible.

But, praise the Lord, I can walk four or five miles a day again without having to fear what I would do if I needed to go to the bathroom.

If you haven’t, ask your doctor about Questran and give it a try. It has delivered me from the fear of going out in public situations, and is enabling me to become active again.

This is three weeks-experience talking; I know that’s not a lot. But I have never experienced three weeks of normalcy in this regard for YEARS!

Good luck to all of you and may God bless you. ”