The enclosed medical study carried out by ..
Used example is the following Medical Information Cards for informed consent requirements for Cholecystectomy Surgery
The information provided excludes all details of risk of Post Cholecystectomy Syndrome – where symptoms
In other words, below confirms informed consent fraud.
“Operation information card Cholecystectomy Below is some information about your operation PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
(1) Your gall bladder is diseased.
(2) There are gall stones in your gall bladder.
(3) Your gall bladder and the gall stones will be removed during the operation.
This is performed by the keyhole technique in most patients (95%) but some people have to have their tummy opened for technical reasons (5%).
(4) You will have a full general anaesthetic for the operation, which means you will be asleep for the surgery.
(5) You will be in hospital for 2-10 days after the operation, depending on how the operation was performed and whether any gall stones were found outside the gall bladder in the main liver tubes.
(6) Depending on how the operation was performed and the amount of physical activity associated with your employment, life style, etc, you will take from two weeks to three months to get back to your normal routine.”
Deparments of Surgery and Psychiatry, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY Christine Lavelle-Jones, research assistant, department of surgery DerekJ Byrne, senior surgical registrar Peter Rice, consultant psychiatrist Alfred Cuschieri, professor of surgery
Source : Lavelle-Jones, C., Byrne, D. J., Rice, P., & Cuschieri, A. (1993). Factors affecting quality of informed consent. BMJ?: British Medical Journal, 306(6882), 885–890. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1677345/