“Hey, everyone…

So I had my gall bladder taken out five years ago. I was an anomaly to my doctor because I was only 21, and gall stones are considered an infliction of those “”fair, fat, and forty.”” I’m fair, but I was neither fat nor forty.

Anyway, since then, I have developed extreme digestive issues. Really painful bloating and gas, constipation and weekly diarreah. Initially, I thought it was stress, but it’s longevity made me reconsider. I removed dairy from my diet and it helped a little… then I removed wheat from my diet and it intermitently helped, but relief was so inconsistent that after about a year I relaxed on that one. Anyway, after some interesting pain after eating a pot roast, my husband recently suggested it may have something to do with the way my body digests fat.

I’ve done some research, and it seems like the general consensus is that if I am one of the lucky few to experience significant digestive pain after a gall bladder removal, either a low-fat or low fiber diet or combination of both will relieve my pain. This intriques me, primarily because since trying weight watchers years ago I’ve been very focused to eat high fiber…. but I have ridiculous gas pain after apples, beans, lettuce and high fiber yogurt.

So my questions is this: has anyone else successfully dealt with this problem? How can I go low-fat/low-fiber and still maintain health? My weekly food grades are usually in the A- range, and that would change if I significantly reduced my fat/fiber intake.

Any thoughts are welcome!