I had my gallbladder removed almost a year ago. I’ve seen comments posted about this in the forum, but no real answer or explanation as to why it happens. Luckily, I suffered no pain after the surgery; I recovered well and I am VERY HAPPY that I do not suffer through those horrible attacks anymore (the last one made me think I was going to die and I ended up in the ER with the surgery scheduled shortly after). Anyway, I have noticed that ever since the surgery I have a MAJOR problem during and after eating. I have to RUN to the bathroom. I, too, am familiar with a lot of public restrooms almost anywhere I go. Unfortunately, sometimes I choose NOT to go somewhere or NOT to eat something because I’m so afraid of what will happen later. Is there a real medical ezplanation for this? I asked my PCP and all he told me was to ask the doc who performed the surgery. I was given a lot of information before the surgery, but during my TWO follow up visits, nothing about this was mentioned. I didn’t notice it until a few weeks later. I’m ashamed to talk to anyone about it. Is there anything that can be done? I hate to think that this is how I have to live for the rest of my life.