I can agree to disagree scvetrran. I am currently living with severe food allergies where an allergist can’t find any foods that I am allergic to on any of his tests! So how is this happening? Please explain. This is due to a permeable gut lining that the bacterial overgrowth caused!
I have an article from the August 2009 Scientific American Magazine that talks about the relationship between a leaky gut, gluten, celiac disease and the Immune System. They mention trying to use a certain drug to help heal the gut lining but haven’t found one that works. So I guess the doctor’s know it exists but because there’s no drug they don’t have to really acknowledge leaky gut exists. So I disagree with you.
Integrative Medicine doctor’s are regular doctor’s who also have additional training in Holistic/ healthier methods of treating disease. They have more training than the regular doctor’s plus are more educated in nutrition. If it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be here today. Mainstream medicine wouldn’t have ever acknowledged I had a yeast overgrowth but a bacterial overgrowth that they would have only treated with antibiotics. Patient’s will never get better just eliminating the bacterial overgrowth without getting rid of the yeast overgrowth first. They will get more sick. And there’s a systematic way to do this! If you’re bloated after eating, your lower abdomen is swelling after eating, then you have a yeast overgrowth. Then the bacterial overgrowth occurs and if this is allowed to continue then damage to this intestinal lining will occur, then autoimmune disease comes next.
I do have a regular Internal Medicine and Gastroenterologist but only use them for regular annual tests. But I also supplement my care occasionally with Integrative Medicine doctor’s. I have a board certified Gastroenterologist in Beverly Hills and also a board certified Internal Medicine doctor. I truly believe a person needs both in the world will live in today!