I had my Galbladder removed in January and my doctor advised me to eat regular hospital meals for the initial meals after my surgery. The first evening I could not really eat anything other than broth, (which I had to request) and some bread. This caused severe pain which they treated with morphine. The next day the Doctor released me and said I had no diet restrictions and I managed to consume half of a small sandwich. I was home for less than 5 hours and I had to be taken to the emergency room because I had so much pain it caused shortness of breath. Two emergency room Doctors advised that the surgeon should have had me on a strict liquid diet for at least the first 48 hours after surgery. They gave me two shots within 4 hours of each other that they said was 4 times as strong as morhpine. The surgeon was not available or on call so they said to see him asap the next morning. He prescribed Darvecit instead of the 2 Vicodin every 4 hours as they had no effect. He also said the tests showed I may have had a urinary tract infection and gave me antibiotics. The pain has decreased dramatically since my surgery a little over a month ago. I am still feeling very bloated and suffer from frequent diarrhea, and indigestion. I watch what I eat and it seems to help somewhat but this is a rather frustrating way of life that my Doctor made no mention of. Also, one of the posts mentioned an incision below the belly button. I have one about an inch above that is about 3 times the size of the the other 3. Does anyone have similar incisions or complications? Any remedies for being so bloated etc?