“I had my gallbladder removed on 5/16/08. It’s been almost two weeks since the surgery. The surgery went well. The doctor said he thought it wouldnt go as easy as it did. I guess because I am overweight. I stayed one night in the hospital. I had pretty severe pain for the first few days. Now only the belly button keyhole is giving me problems. It didn’t close all the way like the other ones did. I went for a check up today and he said it was ok. The skin was raw.

I am terrified to eat anything. I had a regular diet right after surgery. I could only eat bites the first few days. Anything that touches my mouth hurts my stomach in one way or another. I had some oatmeal the other morning and had my first “”dumping”” attack and was in the bathroom for an hour in the worst pain I have ever had in my life. I was sweating, cold, clammy, and cramped up terribly. It was the worst experience of my life. I do not plan on eating anything outside of my house for fear that I will end up in the bathroom for hours. The cramping I get after I eat is horrible. I have had gallstones for like three years now and didn’t know. Come to find out, my pulmunary doctor found the stones on a chest ct that I had a few years ago and didnt inform me.. I have had horrible attacks, and even chest pain and come to find out it was the gallstones.

The doctor never told me about a low fat diet or anything before or after the surgery, I found that out myself. I guess the diarrhea is better than pain I had all day everyday. I hope it does get better. I was a junk food junkie so eating healthy will actually be good for me. I have lost a few pounds in the last two weeks which is good. But for now I am really picking and choosing what goes in my mouth. No fast food, fried food, I am already lactose intolerant, no nothing lol. I have gotten to where I only eat chicken with nothing else for now. That is the only thing I have found that doesn’t hurt my stomach as much. I am glad I found this site, I’m glad I am not alone. ”